Contribute
Register

Graphics Enabling Help Needed (AMD 7650m or HD4000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ahead of time, sorry for a second thread, but i thought i would ask a direct question related to my other thread but its more of a specific question (so dont hate me).

Original thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...mavericks-vaio-e-series-suggestions-help.html

So context, i have the laptop mentioned in above thread fully working hackintoshed except for the Graphics. Im not too familiar with this, thus why im here asking for some help and guidance.

• My Laptop has an AMD HD 7650m Graphics card, is there any way for me to enable this? If so, is there is a reason that i shouldnt (battery life isnt an issue, but overheating would be)?

• After the installation and multi beast, my about mac page shows "Graphics: Display 7mb". I tried everything i could, but this is what i see.
    • After much reserch, i found someone claiming to have HD4000 working on similar model laptop to mine with the device id 01660004. But to the life of me, i cant figure out how to add this. Any help appreciated. Every attempt from me trying to add this in different ways to (/extra/...chamelion.boot.plist) file didnt make any difference. Do i have to somehow disable the 7650? if so how (i dont have any such options on my bios, nor any options to enable the HD4000 on bios either, bios was quite useless)?

I read quite a lot about it, but i cant seem to make sense of what i need to do to get the HD 4000 to work.

Anyone able to help me?

Ahead of time, sorry for a second thread, but i thought i would ask a direct question related to my other thread but its more of a specific question (so dont hate me).

Original thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...mavericks-vaio-e-series-suggestions-help.html

So context, i have the laptop mentioned in above thread fully working hackintoshed except for the Graphics. Im not too familiar with this, thus why im here asking for some help and guidance.

• My Laptop has an AMD HD 7650m Graphics card, is there any way for me to enable this? If so, is there is a reason that i shouldnt (battery life isnt an issue, but overheating would be)?

• After the installation and multi beast, my about mac page shows "Graphics: Display 7mb". I tried everything i could, but this is what i see.
    • After much reserch, i found someone claiming to have HD4000 working on similar model laptop to mine with the device id 01660004. But to the life of me, i cant figure out how to add this. Any help appreciated. Every attempt from me trying to add this in different ways to (/extra/...chamelion.boot.plist) file didnt make any difference. Do i have to somehow disable the 7650? if so how (i dont have any such options on my bios, nor any options to enable the HD4000 on bios either, bios was quite useless)?

I read quite a lot about it, but i cant seem to make sense of what i need to do to get the HD 4000 to work.

Anyone able to help me?

I suspect your Radeon/HD4000 is "switched." Only option is to use HD4000. What is the resolution of your screen?

I suspect your Radeon/HD4000 is "switched." Only option is to use HD4000. What is the resolution of your screen?

Yeah im pretty sure its switched.

The screen is 1920x1080. The multibeast option that sets screen to 1080p works like a charm. But yeah, the only problem is that the HD4000 isnt being used somehow.

Personally, im not using the osx for gaming, so for my needs, HD 4000 is enough. But for the life of me, i cant figure out how to enable it. =/

Yeah im pretty sure its switched.

The screen is 1920x1080. The multibeast option that sets screen to 1080p works like a charm. But yeah, the only problem is that the HD4000 isnt being used somehow.

Personally, im not using the osx for gaming, so for my needs, HD 4000 is enough. But for the life of me, i cant figure out how to enable it. =/

I just explained to someone else how to do it (involves DSDT patches). See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/113301-lenovo-g500s-nvidia-problem.html#post688886

Hopefully, you have an easier go at it...

I just explained to someone else how to do it (involves DSDT patches). See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/113301-lenovo-g500s-nvidia-problem.html#post688886

Hopefully, you have an easier go at it...

Unfortunatly, i might need a small help :(

Followed instructions, added the source, clicked apply on the HD 4000 high res patch (2.4 on the list), closed the popup, and clicked file -> save as, browsed to /Extra folder and attempting to save with the name dsdt.aml and i get an error. Tried saving as different names on different folders, still the same error. Thoughts?

Screenshot attached.

Are there any dependancies im not aware of?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 1.27.19 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 1.27.19 am.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 462
Updates:
I commented out the line 36 causing the error (you can see the line behind the error msg). That compiled fine (however with all the warnings etc still there shows on the error msg from the last post). Thus created a dsdt.aml in the /Extra folder. Restarted, and now my about the mac screen says "unknown 7mb" for Graphics, so nothing really changed (still have, the same flickering issue with safari the otherguy was complaining about on the lenovo thread, meaning no hd4000 enabled).

Thoughts?

@rehabman: attached are few things that might help you, before you ask :p

1. .dsl file that was causing the error i mentioned (screenshots attached earlier).
2. dsdt.aml after commenting line 36 o dsl file above.
3. ioreg dump

any help very much appreciated :)

Attachments

• ioreg.iore.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 165
  • dsdt aml.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 98
  • System DSDT dsl.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 93
the tnot error can be fixed with rehabmans patch, its in his repo. i fixed the tnot error for you

but here is the patch

Code:
#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches#fix_TNOT.txt

#  TNOT fix
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(\\TNOT\) remove_matched;
into_all all code_regex CondRefOf\s+\(\\TNOT\) replaceall_matched begin CondRefOf(TNOT) end;

you can compile this .dsl now and create your .aml

Looks like its loading the nvidia amd card from your IOReg. Boot using GraphicsEnabler=No as a boot flag with the DSDT.. otherwise you may have to remove the nvidia kexts (GeForce, NVDA). AMD kext

Unfortunatly, i might need a small help :(

Followed instructions, added the source, clicked apply on the HD 4000 high res patch (2.4 on the list), closed the popup, and clicked file -> save as, browsed to /Extra folder and attempting to save with the name dsdt.aml and i get an error. Tried saving as different names on different folders, still the same error. Thoughts?

Screenshot attached.

Are there any dependancies im not aware of?

You can apply the "Fix TNOT Error" patch for that one... Or do as you did and remove the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back