Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
9400GT
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello, I purchased a used Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 graphics card. I purchased this card because of the native support with older operating systems as well as the newer operating operating systems. On my primary drive I am running Yosemite 10.10.5. My old graphics card is a EVGA GeForce 9400 GT 512MB that was running good on yosemite, with an occasional graphics issue in Logic.

I have been having issues getting the GTX 760 card to work properly. I cloned the OS drive and installed the card. I then booted the machine and the resolutions was incorrect, which i expected because I had Nvidia injected for the old card. I removed the injection with clover configurator, added "GraphicsEnabler=No" and changed the SMBIOS to "MacPro 6,1" saved the config.plist. I restarted the machine and logged in and everything seemed OK. Under "About This Mac" it shows the video cards name correctly but the memory shows as 0MB. Then a few moments later the screens when blank. Sort of a grey color. I restarted and logged back in and shortly after login the screen went blank again.

After not being able to get my existing drive to work I created a new Yosemite installer with the latest version of Clover and did a clean installation of Yosemite. I added the required boot flags and then logged in. Again, under "About This Mac" it shows the video cards name correctly but the memory shows as 0MB. I started the post installation task, restarted logged in and the screen when grey again.

I am at a road block and any help is appreciated. I have attached the EFI folder containing the "config.plist".

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.1 MB · Views: 41
added "GraphicsEnabler=No" and changed the SMBIOS to "MacPro 6,1"
GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes is for the Chimera/Chameleon boot loader and has no effect in Clover.
MacPro 6,1 is not appropriate for your hardware.

any help is appreciated
You have a ridiculous quantity of unnecessary/incorrect ACPI fixes in your config.plist.

P1LGRIM, What modifications do you suggest I make to the config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back