Contribute
Register

Graphics card to get me going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus p7p55d-epro
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
9500 GT
I have an old system I don't know if it's still my signature but it's an Asus motherboard p7 p55 and I'm looking for for a graphics card to get me by that will give me some resolution been running an old GeForce 9500 that ain't cutting it with Mojave. If you need more information I'll provide it but you know I've ran all the operating systems from Apple forever untill now. Appreciate cheap and mid-range thank you for your time. BTW I'm not opposed to an AMD card.

MSI RX 560 4GB. It's very affordable and natively supported in Mojave.

Can you post the one in particular that you have trs96? When I look it up on MSI's website they have a few different RX 560's...

MSI Radeon™ RX 560 4GT LP OC
MSI Radeon™ RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OC
MSI Radeon™ RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OCV2

There are three others, but they're just the 2GB versions of the ones listed.

MSI Radeon™ RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OC
Get this one, unless you've got an SFF case and must use the LP or "Low Profile" version.

This is from the Apple.com Support page:

Make sure that your graphics card works with Mojave
Next, check to see if the graphics card in your Mac Pro is compatible. You can use System Information to find out which graphics card your Mac has:
  1. Press and hold the Option key while choosing Apple () menu > System Information.
  2. In the sidebar, select Graphics/Displays. If your graphics card is compatible, you see "Supported" next to the Metal entry. You can also note the name of your graphics card and see if it's in the list below.
These specific third-party graphics cards are Metal-capable and compatible with macOS Mojave on Mac Pro (Mid 2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012):
  • MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 128-bit 4GB GDRR5
  • SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back