Contribute
Register

Graphics Card for Design Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i3 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
hd 300
Hello, during January I built my first Hackintosh with a lot of the parts from the guides here, everything works great. I did leave out the graphics card because I didn't want to spend too much at the time, now I'm looking to finish the build by adding a graphics card. I will use it for graphic design work (Photoshop, Illustrator) and some occasional gaming, NO video or audio work.

Originally I wanted to spend $150-200 but after looking around I found that the $250 range Nvidia cards were a lot better for a little bit more money. I don't really know that much about performance in graphic cards, from what I've read here Nvidia cards are pretty much ready to go in OSX.

I just found this card: http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-GeForce-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-ZT-70406-10P/dp/B00EUAFX6C/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Zotac GTX 760 4GB GDDR5 256-bit - $260

It seems like a great deal for the specs, a bit of overkill for my needs but same price range, the thing is are Zotac products reliable? I've never really heard of them except for two or three graphic cards on this site.

Other than this one, for my needs and price range (Preferably < $200), are there any other recommendations? Preferably no ''deals'' from Newegg they charge way too much to ship to where im from

My Build:
Case: Corsair 500R
RAM: 8GB HyperX blu
MOBO: Gigabyte H87-D3H
CPU: Intel Haswell i7 4770K
PSU: Corsair CX750M
SSD: 2x OCZ Vertex 450 128GB (1 OSX & 1 Windows)

Did you look at the recommended cards in the March Buyer's Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back