Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey

I was going through the CustoMac Build #3 and had a question with regards to the Graphics Card!

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850

I see in the amazon and newegg links, it is linked to the gigabyte version, however these places wont ship to UK!

So, i have found a graphics card for the UK, which is also an AMD HD 6850

XFX HD 6850 XXX AMD Radeon Graphics Card - 1GB
HD-685X-ZNDC - 1GB XFX HD 6850 XXX, 4200MHz GDDR5, GPU 800MHz, 960 Stream Processors, HDMI/ DisplayPort/ 2x DVI

Is this card any good and main question will it make any difference to the hackintosh?

The only difference i found between the 2, other than the manufacture is that core clock on the Gigabyte version is 820MHz and on the XFX version it is 800MHz

Thanx!

toqi786 said:
Hey

I was going through the CustoMac Build #3 and had a question with regards to the Graphics Card!

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850

I see in the amazon and newegg links, it is linked to the gigabyte version, however these places wont ship to UK!

So, i have found a graphics card for the UK, which is also an AMD HD 6850

[quote:3c636i5n]XFX HD 6850 XXX AMD Radeon Graphics Card - 1GB
HD-685X-ZNDC - 1GB XFX HD 6850 XXX, 4200MHz GDDR5, GPU 800MHz, 960 Stream Processors, HDMI/ DisplayPort/ 2x DVI

Is this card any good and main question will it make any difference to the hackintosh?

The only difference i found between the 2, other than the manufacture is that core clock on the Gigabyte version is 820MHz and on the XFX version it is 800MHz

Thanx![/quote:3c636i5n]

ALL 6850's and 6870's are 100% natively supported in Lion, so if your planning to run Lion then your good to go. The brands dont matter like they used too.

I have the same branded card but the XFX 6870 and it runs perfectly.

:thumbup:

I have just place my order for the parts of the CustoMac Build #3, they should arrive monday!

Now that i have placed an order for these parts, what is next, how to i go about the hackintosh?

My mother board (Acer M5910 with Intel H57) comes with an OEM graphics card, can I still add another graphics card such as AMD Radeon 6850?

I am not able to get the OEM graphics card to work, which I think is NVidia GeForce GT 330. If 6850 or 6870 works, that will be wonderful.

will i have to install snow leopard before i upgrade to lion?

If that is the only way through which to purchase the Lion, yes, you have. Otherwise, if you can purchase the Loin elsewhere, for instance via another Mac, then you can do a clean install of Lion using Unibeast, which is fantastic.

What wireless card is recommended with this CustoMac Build #3? as i don't have Ethernet in the room which will contain the machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back