Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am a noob I have installed os x and so forth but and now wondering if my graphics card is compatible. I have a Galaxy GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB.

nop...Buy a HD 5450 my opinion

okay, quick question...how am I able to get picture on my monitor if my graphics card is not compatible? Sorry may be a noob question and I will go with the hd5450. What is the setting in multibeast for that card or what kext did you use? Thanks for the knowledge Akatzuki.

There is no way that I know to allow you to view without Graphics card support...
And for HD 5450 It is easy just copy the kext below to /Extra and run kext utility to get it up and running.(requires reboot)
ATI5000Injector.kext.zip

Attachments

• ATI5000Injector.kext.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 95
Akatsuki, just letting you know for future reference I don't know when this card became compatible but it is, and I am just informing you for future reference.

hos19925 said:
I am a noob I have installed os x and so forth but and now wondering if my graphics card is compatible. I have a Galaxy GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB.

GT430 may require the "Official NVIDIA Drivers" available in the download section.

I was able to get my video portion of graphics card to work great but now I am having issues with getting hdmi audio.

Akatsuki777 said:
There is no way that I know to allow you to view without Graphics card support...
And for HD 5450 It is easy just copy the kext below to /Extra and run kext utility to get it up and running.(requires reboot)
ATI5000Injector.kext.zip

I have purchased this card and have installed it in a Mac Pro Intel Quad Xeon running OSX 10.6.8. The system profiler shows a card in the slot but says there is no kext loaded. I downloaded the above and ran kextutil but got the following error message.

sudo kextutil /Extra/ATI5000Injector.kext
Can't create kext cache under / - owner not root.
/Extra/ATI5000Injector.kext has problems:
Authentication Failures:
File owner/permissions are incorrect (must be root:wheel, nonwritable by group/other):
/Extra/ATI5000Injector.kext
/Extra/ATI5000Injector.kext/Info.plist

Warnings:
Personality CFBundleIdentifier differs from containing kext's (not necessarily a mistake, but rarely done):
ATIRadeonX3000
Controller
UNQUOTE

I tried installing it manually in /System/Library/Extensions but get a message saying it was installed improperly.

zaveloff said:
Akatsuki777 said:
ATI5000Injector.kext.zip

I have purchased this card and have installed it in a Mac Pro Intel Quad Xeon running OSX 10.6.8. The system profiler shows a card in the slot but says there is no kext loaded. I downloaded the above and ran kextutil but got the following error message.

sudo kextutil /Extra/ATI5000Injector.kext
/Extra/ATI5000Injector.kext has problems:
Authentication Failures:
File owner/permissions are incorrect (must be root:wheel, nonwritable by group/other):
/Extra/ATI5000Injector.kext
/Extra/ATI5000Injector.kext/Info.plist

Warnings:
Personality CFBundleIdentifier differs from containing kext's (not necessarily a mistake, but rarely done):
ATIRadeonX3000
Controller
UNQUOTE

I tried installing it manually in /System/Library/Extensions but get a message saying it was installed improperly.

This is the blind leading the blind here....

The GT 430 will work fine. For HDMI audio, head over the HDMI Audio subforum in the audio forum. There is a step by step guide there to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back