Contribute
Register

Graphics Card and is Dual Screen Working?

What is your setup and is dual working?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI AMD R9 280(non-x) 3GB

Both Mini-Displayports work driving Apple 27in Cinema Displays.
HDMI also works, have not tested in a triple monitor situation.

All was working Out of Box.

Very pleased, and surprised how well it worked.

Did you use Unibeast -> MultiBeast or Clover for your install?

Did you use Unibeast -> MultiBeast or Clover for your install?

Unibeast with MultiBeast post install (Chimera bootloader). Fresh install with Yosemite (First hackintosh). Worked flawlessly, only had to switch all of the boot stuff to the EFI partition to get rid of the Boot0 error.

GTX 760
Monitor 1: Hp 27xi - HDMI
Monitor 2: HP 27xi - DVI
Monitor 3: Cintiq 24HD - DVI

Clover

Yes
GTX 670 to 2 Dells (30/24 inch)

Display port+DVI

Yosemite with Multibeast/unibeast

Well I Ordered a GTX 760 nvidia to test out, im not giving up on my R9 290x but I need to be able to use dual monitors asap..

Well I Ordered a GTX 760 nvidia to test out, im not giving up on my R9 290x but I need to be able to use dual monitors asap..

For now the GTX 760 works great with dual screens, I had a small issue with iMovie but when switching my smsbios to a 3,1 or 5,1 it worked again, I had it as an iMac. I had no need to install any of the nvidia web drivers but I have to say I miss the power of the 290x so still waiting on how to get this working with dual screen.

GTX 670
Monitor 1: Samsung U28D590 28" 4K (DisplayPort)
Monitor 2: ASUS 27" 1920x1080 (DVI)
Monitor 3: ASUS 27" 1920x1080 (DVI)

UniBeast / MultiBeast

With Yosemite there was a problem where the DisplayPort monitor would randomly get dropped and wouldn't return but oddly enough after connecting the HDMI port to the same monitor the DisplayPort seems to be a bit more reliable.

So that is to say all four ports on the GTX 670 work (DVI, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort).

Three 780 GTX GPUs with 4 Screens total.
3 screens on the 1st Card and 1 Screen on the 2nd Card, nothing on the 3rd card.
Everything works perfect from day 1 using Nvida Web Drivers.

To get 290x with dual monitors / multi monitors (works with 3 for me) boot with one monitor, put computer to sleep, then plug in 2nd monitor (or 2nd and 3rd), then wake the computer, profit.

I have a 290x on Yosemite using Clover with an x79 board. I found this out after hours of troubleshooting. The only thing I changed in the config.plist was to use Hawaii framebuffer, and if you have a problem with dual monitors then you probably don't have to worry about this since I have the same problem as everyone else. Tonight I will experiment with a script to put the computer to sleep at bootup to see if having 3 monitors connected will work after sleep and wake, or if OS X has to boot with only one monitor. This answer will come soon since I am on my way home now. The script was from the old 7970 days when a sleep trick was the fix for that. I will post the source for this and instructions on my next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back