2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
graphical glitches nvidia 5xx

I got my 550 ti fully working and i have noticed several issues one is gltching i get little specs of random stuff on my desktop.

This only happens after coming out of a screensaver or monitor sleep
I ran electric sheep and it is REALLY bad like the rgb band colour test but all mixed in i will attach a screen shoot of my desktop but i dont know how to get one of my screensaver if anyone knows i will and attach it later please help!

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 14.30.13.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 14.30.13.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 252
Yeah I'm getting that too.

I've noticed when looking through the system logs that there seems to be a NVDA Channel Exception I'll get a screenshot of it later on.

Anyone else notice this on their 550 Ti or 5xx GPU?

At least I'm not the only one with this problem! hopefully there is an easy fix as it is starting to bug me and the only way to get rid of it is to restart, then when my monitor/screensaver goes to sleep it will come back.

i have also got the same specs as you.

When mine goes into screensaver if i log in the background is really bad but the login box and cancel buttons are fine.

I'm having this exact same problem with my two 550ti's but mine also hangs when this occurs.

Are you guys getting the FIFO: MMU error when shutting down after this happens?
I've heard that this is a driver issue..

just ran electric sheep screensaver and was pixelated accross the whole screen and this time it messed up my desktop even more this worked in lion before.

I will attach a screenshot of what i got this time.

What method did you use to install with your 550 ti?

I had to remove ati6000controller.kext and atiframebuffer.kext to boot past white screen after install

after dragging the icons the glitching goes away but the screensavers/monitor sleep make it come back.

I am not having an issue booting up or shutting down works fine and really fast its after a screensaver or monitor sleep that causes it.

Thare are no errors and I'm not using any boot flags apart from standard one i haven't edited anything

Just got screenshots of what my screensaver is doing, I am using electric sheep but this also works with default ones

I just crashed with my screensaver open and it froze, My music kept playing tough so very strange never had this with lion

I have a dual graphic card setup, so one of the cards works fine out of the box (no patching/kexts needed) and both of them will work fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or EFI strings.

Like you I'm not experiencing performance issues or any shutdown/restart issues, its only when the monitors sleep and I wake them up that I get all the graphics tearing or artefacts.

I also get this when I play a video in quicktime in full screen mode or when I enter fullscreen mode visualisations in itunes.

Try that and let me know if the same happens for you.

I will try iTunes visualisation and quicktime in fullscreen and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back