Motherboard
Clevo P650SE
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600, GTX 970M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am getting these graphical glitches around the dock area in Catalina, as seen in the video above. It happens most notably when logging in, and also in some third-party programs like Photoshop and Google Chrome:

I have a i7-4720HQ with HD4600 mobile iGPU. In my OpenCore config.plist I have the following values. I have to use framebuffers because I cannot set DVMT manually in the BIOS:

DeviceProperties > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

AAPL,ig-platform-id - 0600260A - (Data)
device-id - 12040000 - (Data)
framebuffer-patch-enable - 1 - (Number)
framebuffer-stolenmem - 00003001 - (Data)
framebuffer-fbmem - 00009000 - (Data)

CSM mode is enabled in my BIOS. Disabling it causes the entire screen to become garbled.

I have my SMBIOS set to MacBookPro11,2

Can anyone offer some suggestions?

I am getting these graphical glitches around the dock area in Catalina, as seen in the video above. It happens most notably when logging in, and also in some third-party programs like Photoshop and Google Chrome:

I have a i7-4720HQ with HD4600 mobile iGPU. In my OpenCore config.plist I have the following values. I have to use framebuffers because I cannot set DVMT manually in the BIOS:

DeviceProperties > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

AAPL,ig-platform-id - 0600260A - (Data)
device-id - 12040000 - (Data)
framebuffer-patch-enable - 1 - (Number)
framebuffer-stolenmem - 00003001 - (Data)
framebuffer-fbmem - 00009000 - (Data)

CSM mode is enabled in my BIOS. Disabling it causes the entire screen to become garbled.

I have my SMBIOS set to MacBookPro11,2

Can anyone offer some suggestions?
MacBookPro11,1 may be better choice

MacBookPro11,1 may be better choice
Well first of all, thanks for the tip. I tried generating a new SMBIOS for MacBookPro11,1 but I still have the same problem with the graphical glitching. Is there anything else I can try?

Well first of all, thanks for the tip. I tried generating a new SMBIOS for MacBookPro11,1 but I still have the same problem with the graphical glitching. Is there anything else I can try?
not sure as you haven't uploaded any files

are you using this config,plist?

not sure as you haven't uploaded any files

are you using this config,plist?
Thanks, I have seen that config previously. The problem is that the config is for Clover (not OpenCore) so I can't copy the entire thing and use it exactly as it is. I am using the same values that RehabMan has for AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id under DeviceProperties > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) - But if I use the framebuffer-cursormem line like he has then it causes a kernel panic on boot, which is why I do not have it included.

I have attached my config underneath. Maybe you can suggest something.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back