Gigabyte Z97x UD3H
CPU
Intel 1150 i5-4690K 3,5GHz
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi folks!

I want to upgrade my Hackintosh with a graphic card..
  • mbo: gigabyte z97x ud3h
  • cpu: Intel 1150 i5-4690K 3,5GHz
  • power supplies: Cooler Master RS-600-ACAB-M4 (probably in thrue works with 400w)
wich kind of graphic card can I buy? I must change the power supplies too?
I'm using yosemite sistem

With Yosemite, you can not use the Nvidia GTX 10x0 (Pascal) graphics cards as they require Sierra. I use a GTX 750 Ti in my Z97 (Hector) build for general purpose computing and audio recording.

However, you didn't state your uses for your system. Some apps require a more "powerful" graphics cards than others.

I just want a decent quality of graphic for gaming and use photoshop for hobby.. :p

thanks for answer me

do you have any advices?

Let me try to give you an answer that explains what you can use with Yosemite against what you can use with Sierra and I will try to point you towards some options that will suit different games.

Yosemite is now a few years old and the hardware has moved on. Apple compatible GPU models are unlikely to be available as a new option to purchase off the shelf.
The nvidia cards are the better option to consider. The cards that will work for 10.10.5 require additional nvidia drivers (see Downloads section) for further details. The GTX 950, GTX 960, GTX 970, GTX 980 and GTX 980Ti (Maxwell) cards will all function in Yosemite. The level of card that you choose will depend on your gaming requirements, budget and the local availability/pricing of used cards.
A GTX 950 would suit some basic gaming, either using Yosemite or dual booting into Windows. If you are a more serious gamer or you are looking at some more modern gaming titles, then you may find that the GTX 970/GTX 980 options are more appropriate for 1080P gaming. If you use Steam, then check your games recommended GPU cards and don't go below these recommendations as newer titles will require better (higher) specifications to take advantage of.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/march/2016#Graphics_Cards

If you are willing to move to Sierra to get the newest card models then the GTX, 1050, GTX 1060(3GB & 6GB), GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 (Pascal) cards can be considered (see latest buying guide).

You should be able to run a GTX 980 or GTX 1080 with your existing PSU - if you find that the PSU fan is noisy and distracting, then at that point it would be worth moving to a replacement PSU.

Performance difference between different graphics cards:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-2017-hierarchy-chart-by-toms-hardware.81325/

The general 1080P gaming sweet spot is probably around the GTX 980/980Ti Maxwell cards and GTX 1060/GTX 1070 Pascal cards for the bigger title games. You may find that if you play mainly indy titles then you can go a little lower.

wow Adrian! you're very precise person! thanks a lot!
so..
1-probably it's better to change in Sierra but I don't know really how can i change in Sierra..

A fresh Sierra installation would be the best option. You can then use Migration assistant to move data across. Your important data should always be backed up anyway.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

2- if I want buy one for Yosemite, what do you think of this? it's correct this one? https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00Z4OQ4KM/?tag=tonymacx86com-21

A GTX 960 will work well for games that require a card of up to an equivalent of nvidia GTX 960 level of performance. Consider that newer games may require something a little better and do some checking before making your final decision. A GTX 960 would work with Sierra too - you may find that if gaming in macOS that some titles will require a newer version of macOS. Yosemite support from Apple is at an end of life position right now. Worth downloading Sierra to have on your 'purchases' history.

good!
i'm thinking for gtx 960 just for the price too.. it's alitle bit hard to find because is out of commerce.. but i'm tring..

it's possible to change in Sierra without my new graphic card?

good!
i'm thinking for gtx 960 just for the price too.. it's alitle bit hard to find because is out of commerce.. but i'm tring..

it's possible to change in Sierra without my new graphic card?

Some patience may be required to find a good GTX 960 at the right price point that you are happy with. Always worth considering a GTX 970 - and keep an eye on prices, you just might snap up a bargain...
You can run Sierra using the HD4600 graphics and add a GPU later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back