Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Graphic bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i3BEH2
CPU
Intel® Core™ i3-8109U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3,60 GHz)
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Hello,

I run Big Sur 11.6.1 on my Intel NUC8i3BEH2.

I have a graphic bug, there's a little line of pixel right in the center of the screen, see attached picture.
It may seem like dead pixel but it's not, I use an HDMI output and a usb3 to HDMI output and in recopy mode (1080p) the issues are the same on both screens.

That line is not always present, but is here most of the time.
It can have different colors (black, white, grey...) depending of I don't know what.

I tried to change the frequencies of the screens, without success.
Strangely, when I do a right clic near to it, on the desktop, the opened window (with written "new folder", "get infos"...) hides that little line ! But the line is permanent over everything else. As I use this computer as a home theater, it's quite annoying when watching movies...

thanks for any help !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-01-02 à 15.00.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-01-02 à 15.00.42.png
    630.5 KB · Views: 44
Hello,

I run Big Sur 11.6.1 on my Intel NUC8i3BEH2.

I have a graphic bug, there's a little line of pixel right in the center of the screen, see attached picture.
It may seem like dead pixel but it's not, I use an HDMI output and a usb3 to HDMI output and in recopy mode (1080p) the issues are the same on both screens.

That line is not always present, but is here most of the time.
It can have different colors (black, white, grey...) depending of I don't know what.

I tried to change the frequencies of the screens, without success.
Strangely, when I do a right clic near to it, on the desktop, the opened window (with written "new folder", "get infos"...) hides that little line ! But the line is permanent over everything else. As I use this computer as a home theater, it's quite annoying when watching movies...

thanks for any help !
If you change the background image does it still happen? Do you windows or linux installed and can check there?

Hello,
The color changes but it still appears. And I had Windows installed on that NUC and I really don’t think there was this problem.

Hello,
The color changes but it still appears. And I had Windows installed on that NUC and I really don’t think there was this problem.
What display DeviceID are you using? Have you tried alternative ones? Also wondering if you have tried a different cable or made sure the connectors are clean?

What display DeviceID are you using? Have you tried alternative ones?

Sorry I don't know what is a DeviceID... Here's my config in detail :

HDMI output of the NUC > Lenovo screen (1080p)
USB3 > adapter to HDMI > Portta HDMI Matrix > Panasonic videoprojector (1080p too)

In the screen settings :
- Recopy mode
- "Optimized for Panasonic"
- Both in 60Hz

I tried the Lenovo screen alone, to skip the Portta Matrix, to echange of cables and ports (put the panasonic in HDMI and the Lenovo on USB3) > same results.

Also wondering if you have tried a different cable or made sure the connectors are clean?

I'm quite sure it's not a liaison problem, because of the right-click stuff I described on my first post.
Looks more like a graphic card driver bug, or something like that...

Sorry I don't know what is a DeviceID... Here's my config in detail :

HDMI output of the NUC > Lenovo screen (1080p)
USB3 > adapter to HDMI > Portta HDMI Matrix > Panasonic videoprojector (1080p too)

In the screen settings :
- Recopy mode
- "Optimized for Panasonic"
- Both in 60Hz

I tried the Lenovo screen alone, to skip the Portta Matrix, to echange of cables and ports (put the panasonic in HDMI and the Lenovo on USB3) > same results.

I'm quite sure it's not a liaison problem, because of the right-click stuff I described on my first post.
Looks more like a graphic card driver bug, or something like that...
How are you booting MacOS? Clover or Opencore? If you could upload your EFI Folder without serial numbers it will provide more insight.

Ok I’ll do that tomorow !
Thanks for your help

Hello,

I just discovered that this graphic bug is only caused by one single app I load at startup.
So I have to investigate this way...

I set the thread as solved as I suppose it has nothing to see with the Mac installation.
Thanks Leesureone for your help !

Which app caused the issue? How did you resolve the issue?

It's Max, a sound program. I just Hide it and the little line disappears :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back