Contribute
Register

GPU RX 580 stop working because of Monterey install (or OC, who knows ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found for the window's logging problem
It's working BUT
the open windows are from the HDDs (2 WD, 7200, 6To, in RAID 1 mode), and when Monterey logging (was the same in Big Sur), the HDDs take some time to appear (I don't know why, in Catalina it was fine).
All others windows (from SSD) appear when I log.
Same with files from the HDDs.
I'm gonna transfert them to an SSD.
If you know why my HDDs make some time to appear...

According to the Gigabyte website for your motherboard, you have two Ethernet "LAN" ports. LAN 1 is an Intel device and should be activated by IntelMausi.kext. LAN 2 is the "Killer E2500" device, which I have read needs Realtek driver. But you are not seeing that; yours seems to want the Atheros driver. So if that is what is happening, that's fine. My mini-ITX motherboard has two Intel Ethernet devices, so IntelMausi.kext works fine for both of them. My guess is that your LAN 1 is working because of IntelMausi.kext and your Intel Ethernet device, but your Killer E2500 Ethernet is the one that is not working... but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I looked at your latest EFI folder (with kexts), and my comments follow.

EFI/OC
1. In ACPI, I think you do not need SSDT-RX580.aml, but it probably does not hurt.
2. In Drivers, I think you should keep all of those, but they will not work without listing them properly in config.plist. OpenCanopy.efi changes the OpenCore window to a "prettier" GUI display of the available boot choices, if it is active. ResetNvramEntry.efi and TopggleSipEntry.efi are auxiliaries and will only show up in the OpenCore window if they are enabled in the config.plilst and you press the spacebar while in the OpenCore window.
3. Your Resources folder now contains the necessary files for OpenCanopy to work.

config.plist
4. Putting your original config.plist into this EFI folder has created a "hybrid" configuration. Not sure how to approach that. For one thing, I'm not sure exactly what problems you still have. Do not understand "window log" and some other things you have written.
5. Your Device Properties/Add entries are incorrect again. Look at the image in my post #16 above; it should look like that.
6. In Misc/Boot, again if you want to use OpenCanopy, this section of config.plist needs to match mine.
7. In Misc/Security, I would again recommend you try SecureBootModel Value Disabled instead of Default, until you get everything working properly.
8. In NVRAM/Add/Third item/boot-args, Value has reverted to your original boot entries, which have already been commented on by both Feartech (Moderator) and myself (total amateur). You should take at least Feartech's advice.
9. In UEFI/Drivers, you don't have to enable OpenCanopy, it's your choice. But if you want to try it, you need to list it here and enable it, as in my config.plist. Same for the other two drivers I use.
10. In UEFI/ProtocolOverrides, once again, FirmwareVolume needs to be changed to YES. This is very important!

Your array of storage devices is beyond my ability to comment. My experience is limited to SATA and NvMe SSDs, two in each computer, no RAID software. Also I have no HDs at all. But your delay in seeing those devices is probably normal. Access to spinning discs is much slower than to SSDs.

As for your (my) USBPorts.kext configuration, I wrote that it is probably not right since our motherboards are very different. If you use IORegistryRxplorer.app, and look at the XHC section of its display, it should show you that the listed USB ports are the same as those in the info.plist of USBPorts.kext. They may not be the right ports for your motherboard, but they should match.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response and explaining the efi.
I'll change one by one this WE.
It's working fine as it is right now (all USBs / ethernet / audio / wifi. Just my CPU is very hot, maybe my AIO).
Some work to do before (got a lot of delay). And we (almost ?) won the war now :headbang:...
I'll keep informed !

BezLG, this is for your information regarding the proper kext to use with your Killer E2500:
Ethernet Support Note.jpg

Update :
Corrected All you asked (except the RealtekRTL8111 :twisted: :lol: + let boot-arg : -v and change HideVerbose to NO) !
EFI/OC
1. In ACPI, I think you do not need SSDT-RX580.aml, but it probably does not hurt.
2. In Drivers, I think you should keep all of those, but they will not work without listing them properly in config.plist. OpenCanopy.efi changes the OpenCore window to a "prettier" GUI display of the available boot choices, if it is active. ResetNvramEntry.efi and TopggleSipEntry.efi are auxiliaries and will only show up in the OpenCore window if they are enabled in the config.plilst and you press the spacebar while in the OpenCore window.
3. Your Resources folder now contains the necessary files for OpenCanopy to work.

config.plist
4. Putting your original config.plist into this EFI folder has created a "hybrid" configuration. Not sure how to approach that. For one thing, I'm not sure exactly what problems you still have. Do not understand "window log" and some other things you have written.
5. Your Device Properties/Add entries are incorrect again. Look at the image in my post #16 above; it should look like that.
6. In Misc/Boot, again if you want to use OpenCanopy, this section of config.plist needs to match mine.
7. In Misc/Security, I would again recommend you try SecureBootModel Value Disabled instead of Default, until you get everything working properly.
8. In NVRAM/Add/Third item/boot-args, Value has reverted to your original boot entries, which have already been commented on by both Feartech (Moderator) and myself (total amateur). You should take at least Feartech's advice.
9. In UEFI/Drivers, you don't have to enable OpenCanopy, it's your choice. But if you want to try it, you need to list it here and enable it, as in my config.plist. Same for the other two drivers I use.
10. In UEFI/ProtocolOverrides, once again, FirmwareVolume needs to be changed to YES. This is very important!
Everything works fine.
Thank you again for all, you saved my working's life... !!! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back