Contribute
Register

GPU RX 580 stop working because of Monterey install (or OC, who knows ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put instead
-v keepsyms=1
Now there is change, but reboot right after the last line of the picture (attachment)...
There is progress i guess...

Attachments

• 20230108_164026.jpg
    20230108_164026.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • EFI correction 3.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 17
I put instead
-v keepsyms=1
Now there is change, but reboot right after the last line of the picture (attachment)...
There is progress i guess...
remove:
SSDT-RX580.aml

RadeonSensor.kext and SMCRadeonGPU.kext

Now there is change, but reboot right after the last line of the picture
Suggest you try with DAGPM.kext disabled.

@Feartech
I removed SSDT-RX580.aml, RadeonSensor.kext and SMCRadeonGPU.kext (from folder and config.plist)
Hi @P1LGRIM
I removed completely DAGPM.kext (from folder and config.plist).

Now it's stuck to the picture
Thx

Attachments

• 20230108_170751.jpg
    20230108_170751.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Per your latest EFI folder...

EFI/OC
1. Delete your current ACPI/SSDT-PLUG.aml and replace with OpenCore-0.8.8/Docs/AcpiSamples/Binaries/SSDT-PLUG.aml. Yours is not the same (look at the different Definition Blocks in MaciASL).
2. In Tools, both OpenShell.efi and ResetSystem.efi are out of date. Although you have OpenShell.efi disabled in config.plist/Misc/Tools, and no listing for ResetSystem.efi at all, so may make no difference.

config.plist
3. In Kernel/Add/7, try changing the Enabled Value to NO. There is a mismatch between non-editable values in your USBMap.kext/Contents/info.plist and your chosen SMBIOS. AFAIK the kext "under-hood" content may be irrevocably tied to its original SMBIOS. If you try this, the USB port configuration will change to the MacOS default list, and will not be correct for you, but at least macOS might boot. Just an experiment.
4. In Misc/Security, try changing SecureBootModel Value from Default to Disabled. It works for me, although I have to do that because I use an Nvidia graphics card in High Sierra. Don't know how it might play for you.
5. In NVRAM/Add/first item, there is no sub-item "UIScale" in my 0.8.8 config.plist but you have that. Don't know what that means.
6. In NVRAM/Add/third item/prev-lang:kbd, you have Value fr:1 and I have not seen that before. For English, it should be en-US:0. Is that for French? Is the format correct?
7. In UEFI/APFS, since you have put "-v" in NVRAM/Add/third item/boot-args, you should change HideVerbose Value from YES to NO.

I can't see any other problems, but I am infamous for missing them.
Good luck!

@wstrohm
i did everthing. Don't work.

6.VRAM/Add/third : fr:1 is for french, yes. the format is correct. I remplaced with en-US:0 just in case, but didn't change anything.

Little improvement though (see the picture) : it went to 5323 (it was 5083 before).

am I cursed guys ??? :(

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 20230108_192809.jpg
    20230108_192809.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
I have not helped you, sorry. The only differences I can see between your OpenCore software and mine is that I use the Release version and you use the Debug, which I have never tried. And of course I used Hackintool to set up my USBPorts.kext, and you have USBMap.kext (which works for you). My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI which is a mini-ITX motherboard, but the recommended setup of OpenCore is the same for both our computers. And I use SMBIOS iMac18,3 whereas you use iMac19,2.

Maybe you should try SMBIOS 19,1? Or maybe you are cursed? :banghead: What is your BIOS setup? Are you using the latest BIOS?
Why are you using an Atheros Ethernet kext when your motherboard uses a "Killer E2500" Ethernet controller? Maybe that kext is incompatible with your motherboard and you should delete it and just use IntelMausi.kext.

Last edited:
I have taken a giant step here, maybe backwards, I don't know. Since you included your Platform/Generic information in your EFI upload, I copied that data into my own EFI folder and uploaded my "extremely vanilla" OpenCore 0.8.8 Release version here. I left my USBPorts.kext file in, so it will not fit your requirements, but if it does boot your computer, maybe you can edit it to your taste.

I have less kext files than you, but you can always add back your others, if you wish. Give it a try... it's kind of a "Hail Mary."

I have also uploaded here a RealtekRTL8111 Ethernet kext. It is not in the attached EFI folder. It is supposedly the right kext for your "Killer E2500" Ethernet controller. It should be used (in addition to IntelMausi.kext) instead of your Atheros kext, according to what I have read.

Attachments

• 0.8.8 Coffeelake EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 35
  • RealtekRTL8111-V2.4.2.zip
    294.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
HE'S ALIVE :mrgreen: !!! MONTEREY IS ALIVE (iMac 19,2). Thank's you guys !!!!!!!!

@wstrohm : Took your Hail Mary's EFI folder (who doesn't work for me), put my first Config.plist inside (I could install Monterey but after, all the problems appeared, so give it a try. I corrected some things inside of course).

There is no kext/drivers, etc, but did install and...works for now !!! Check some USB, wifi : working, 1 ethernet only.
(do I keep your USBPorts.kext if it's working, or replace by the USBMap that I used ?)

Now i've go to put all the kext, drivers (scared :().
And repair the glitches on 1 of my screen (Display Port. Using 2 DP and a DVI. Doing the same with Big Sur... and did on Catalina a while ago, then disappear, don't know why/how).
And all my windows are gone when I'm logging, even with the box "Open items automatically when you log" checked. Do the same with My Big Sur (OK on Catalina), quite annoying.
If you have ideas about these 2 things...

@wstrohm Funny, "Killer E2500" is working fine with AherosE2200Ethernet.kext, on Catalina and Big Sur. (gonna replace with yours and see.)

Crossed fingers for the rest.

My BIOS is as updated as it can be.

Thxs again.
I'll put my last working EFI, when everything will be OK.

News :
_RealtekRTL8111.kext is not working (don't see the second ethernet), but with AherosE2200Ethernet.kext, I see it, and it's working, so go with that...
_SSDT-RX580.aml put in the EFI (+config.plist) : don't change a thing about the glitches :mad: ! (Put the screen on HDMI instead of DP, glitches are gone yet :thumbup:).
_Opencanopy.efi / ResetNvramEntry.efi / ToggleSipEnrty.efi are in the Drivers' folder, but didn't put in config.plist (I don't think I need it, do I ?)
_SMCProc and SuperIO are back.
I think I'm good for now.

Do you see anything else ?

Now I've got to find the window's logging problem !

Thanks again !

Attachments

• EFI with Kext.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back