Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I still didn't
CPU
read the
Graphics
Rules!
Hi lads,

I am not sure whether i have a GPU or Display issue. Ever since i upgraded to ML from Lion, i could not get my Dual Monitor setup to work, and even if one of them is on only, the resolutions show very strangely.

My Build is as follows:

GA z87x-UD3H
i7 4770k
GeForce 430 1GB
32GB RAM

The GPU card has 3 interfaces, 1x VGA, 1x DVI and 1x HDMI. I have to ignore HDMI for the moment since none of the displays have a HDMI interface.

Let me reproduce the issues in words (will follow later with some pictures):

1. I plug a Monitor on the DVI, boots up with a strange image, if i go for 1920x1080 the picture is not centered and around 30% of the display is not used at all. The only resolution that makes use of the full display is 1440x1050, and it stretches the view too much.

2. I plug a Monitor on the VGA, boots up to the mac logo, turns of saying INPUT NOT SUPPORTED (this is the Display, not the OS)

3. I plug a Monitor on the DVI and one on the VGA, after the boot, the VGA will turn to INPUT NOT SUPPORTED where as the DVI turns in to the 2nd display, making it impossible to log on, and on top of that, again a strange resolution.

I have to say, building a hackie, GPUs are the struggling part :(. The system is fully customized and is only giving me a few freezing issues which i am doubting on the GPU, the colours are WACK, whether i use Web drivers, Native ones or whatever i find on the net.

VGA is not supported

That has been a long subject, but this machine ran on DVI and VGA with dual monitor, both on Snow Leopard and Lion, all that has changed was Motherboard/CPU generations.

Long story short, it worked before and yet i know very well it is not supported.

PS, notice the question with weird resolutions, need that one sorted more urgent then dual monitor setup, i am still having issues in the DVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back