Contribute
Register

GPU Fan control ? (Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it changes incorrectly.
For example when I'm playing and GPU temp goes to 70, fan speed is ~65%, it's too low for that temp and temp goes to ~80.
With Afterburner I have set 50°C-50%;60°C-60%;70°C-70%;75°C-75% like this and I want to do it on mac too, because when I'm playing something temp goes to 80°C.
And I don't understand how can that min and max fan speed help me.

btw, Yes I speak German, but a little bit :D

From min to max is a linear graph, so the fan speed should increase by higher temperature. You just need to find out what is the min max temperature the min/max fan speed value is related to.

Which NiBiTor version are you using? Can you upload your GPU bios?

I've changed min speed from 40 to 50.
I'll test it now, I hope it will not overheat again.

Still same...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 3.14.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 3.14.32 AM.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,244
I don't know what to do, gpu fan doesn't speed up when it's heating.
That bios update didn't help.

Who needs a freaking program to do this? Firstly it will never work right on a hackintosh as the GPU fans cannot be controlled by the SMC on a hackintosh.

The simple solution is pull the plug out of the fan on the card, take the back wire hook it to a black wire on your power supply and the yellow or red wire straight to a yellow wire on your power supply. No more over heating issues. Want the fan to run slower? Hook the yellow or red wire off the fan to a red wire on your power supply. Want to get crafty? By a 1k trim pot hook one end to the yellow or red wire off your fan and the other end of the trim pot can be hooked to the 12v yellow wire of your PS and now you have a manual variable speed fan control.

The simple solution is pull the plug out of the fan on the card, take the back wire hook it to a black wire on your power supply and the yellow or red wire straight to a yellow wire on your power supply. No more over heating issues. Want the fan to run slower? Hook the yellow or red wire off the fan to a red wire on your power supply. Want to get crafty? By a 1k trim pot hook one end to the yellow or red wire off your fan and the other end of the trim pot can be hooked to the 12v yellow wire of your PS and now you have a manual variable speed fan control.

Urghs >_<

I have a similar problem on a HD 6870. From the research that I have done, you will be editing your cards BIOS correctly, but as soon as you load up OSX, or any operating system for that matter, the drivers take over and then control the card.

I am also looking for a solution for this. I see my GPU temps hit 90 celsius unless I stop stressing the card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back