Motherboard
Intel DH61WW
CPU
i3-3220
Graphics
GT 610
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently installed Mac OS Sierra and everything is running smooth but the only problem is the resolution. My monitor's resolution is 1366x768 but I'm stuck with 1024x768. GPU is properly detected including the manufacturer and it's memory. I tried all the solutions in the web even the one in this website. I'm using chameleon boot loader and everything is working fine except this. I added the resolution string in chameleon boot plist file and also in apple boot plist file but it didn't work so I also added this in Theme.plist file but its not working. I cross checked chameleon boot plist file in Chameleon Wizard and Graphics Mode is enabled and resolution is also set. I also tried to manually enter boot flag but still no use. I also tried CustomResX it didn't work too.So if this problem is solved I'll have a smoothly running hackintosh. This is not my first time installing Mac OS on PC.
I also tried reinstalling boot loader many times but still no use. I know that I don't need to install any drivers because I already installed Yosemite few months back which is running smooth but uninstalled it and used windows, at that time the GPU is detected and even the resolution is correct.

Specs:
Intel Core i3 3220 3.3GHz
Seagate 500GB HDD
Intel DH61WW
Adata 4GB 1600MHz Ram
Asus Geforce GT 610 2048MB

Last edited:
The GT 610 is not supported in Sierra at all.

The GT 610 is not supported in Sierra at all.
But its detected by using GraphicsEnabler=Yes in About Mac my card is showing up all details are correct "Asus Geforce GT 610 2048MB"

But its detected by using GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is a boot argument for the Chimera boot loader it is invalid in Clover.

Edit : My bad, I see you are using Chameleon, Do you mean Enoch ?

Last edited:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is a boot argument for the Chimera boot loader it is invalid in Clover.
I'm using chameleon boot loader. One thing I noticed is that the computer boots in the resolution that is set for the boot loader which is weird. By using compatible resolution like 1280x1024x32 it worked all supported resolutions in vesa are working and they are the only one option available in display preferences options. I get only one resolution in display preferences the one that I used to boot Chameleon boot loader so I tried to boot with 1366x768x32 and found out that it is not compatible so it is automatically booting with 1024x768x32 resolution

Sierra has only partial driver support for the GT610. Either go back to El Capitan or consider replacing the GT 610 with something else. This is unlikely to get fixed by Apple or nvidia so make your plans accordingly.

Thank you for all your suggestion I figured this out. I thought that I might get more resolution with hdmi than the resolution with vga cable. So I found a HDMI to VGA Adapter lying in my house which I bought few months back so that it would be handy sometimes so I used that adapter and connected to my monitor which supports VGA and DVI I am not having DVI cable so I used this adapter and my monitor resolution(1366x768x32) is shown in supported vesa resolutions. I think each type of port in my GPU support different resolution. I had to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and nv_disable=1(otherwise the boot would get stuck at Apple Logo).Every thing is working fine.

VGA is unsupported in macOS Sierra.
GT 610 is unsupported in macOS Sierra.
Enoch boot loader is unsupported by tonymacx86.com.

If you are getting any kind of display it is probably just the VESA drivers with no acceleration.

Thank you for all your suggestion I figured this out. I thought that I might get more resolution with hdmi than the resolution with vga cable. So I found a HDMI to VGA Adapter lying in my house which I bought few months back so that it would be handy sometimes so I used that adapter and connected to my monitor which supports VGA and DVI I am not having DVI cable so I used this adapter and my monitor resolution(1366x768x32) is shown in supported vesa resolutions. I think each type of port in my GPU support different resolution. I had to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and nv_disable=1(otherwise the boot would get stuck at Apple Logo).Every thing is working fine.

Booting with nv_disable=1 is not a solution. While it allows you to boot it also puts the card in VESA mode so there is no acceleration. I stand by my original statement that the card is not supported at all in Sierra. I spent the better part of a weekend trying to get my GT 610 working in Sierra unsuccessfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back