Motherboard
ASUS IPIBL-LB
CPU
INTEL E2200
Graphics
EVGA nVidia 8400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Went to wikipedia (of all places) to get the combo pack upgrades for Snow Leopard. Successfully installed 10.6.4 combo. Had to do it in Safe Mode because of kernel panics that were caused by trying to download and install from within SL 10.6.3. Ran MultiBeast 3.10.1 with USER DSDT and Chimera successfully. Tried to boot directly from HDD but - OOPS! - still need to fix that niggling boot0 error. Tried booting from iBoot then. Well, got a kernel panic AGAIN. See pic below.
I get so close then BANG, it craps out. I have all of the SL 10.6.# combo updates DLd directly from the Apple site.
So, should I keep loading the Combo packs one after the other until 10.6.8 / 1.1 is installed and then HOPE the system will allow me to upgrade to Lion, then Mountain Lion etc. until I reach the end of the line?

Attachments

• DSCN2309.JPG
    DSCN2309.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
Right. I got 10.6.4 installed. The system threw up a window saying upgrades were available. I checked and it was for 10.6.8. I started the install process and it apparently it was successful. Now the kicker. When I boot now it gets to the Apple logo and hangs. I've tried using and not using PCIRootUID=1 and going into safe mode. What's keeping it from starting?

Went to wikipedia (of all places) to get the combo pack upgrades for Snow Leopard. Successfully installed 10.6.4 combo. Had to do it in Safe Mode because of kernel panics that were caused by trying to download and install from within SL 10.6.3. Ran MultiBeast 3.10.1 with USER DSDT and Chimera successfully. Tried to boot directly from HDD but - OOPS! - still need to fix that niggling boot0 error. Tried booting from iBoot then. Well, got a kernel panic AGAIN. See pic below.
I get so close then BANG, it craps out. I have all of the SL 10.6.# combo updates DLd directly from the Apple site.
So, should I keep loading the Combo packs one after the other until 10.6.8 / 1.1 is installed and then HOPE the system will allow me to upgrade to Lion, then Mountain Lion etc. until I reach the end of the line?
You either install 10.6 or 10.6.3 from an Apple Snow Leopard install DVD. At that point you should be able to create a MacOS Sierra UniBeast installer. You don't need to keep updating versions.

You either install 10.6 or 10.6.3 from an Apple Snow Leopard install DVD. At that point you should be able to create a MacOS Sierra UniBeast installer. You don't need to keep updating versions.
I'll give that a try. Right now, even the SL install disc jumps back to the main boot screen. I'm so confused.

Right. I got 10.6.7 up and running. I want to upgrade at least to Mavericks (10.9.#) and possibly to El Capitan (10.11.#). Now the problem. When I go to the Apple site, every version after Lion requires SL 10.6.8 or later as a prerequisite. The last time I tried to install and run 10.6.8 I get to the Apple screen and the system hangs. I read somewhere one fix is to extract two files from 10.6.7 and insert them into the 10.6.8 DMG. (Should have bookmarked that page. Drats!) Can I jump from 10.6.7 using Unibeast to Mavericks or later? Apple support says my unit is not compatible with Sierra.
Also, will upgrading to Mavericks or later help overcome the boot0 error I was getting under Snow Leopard??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back