Contribute
Register

Got most things up and running BUUUUUUUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z87x-oc
CPU
Core i7
Graphics
GTX 760 x2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So after 2 fresh installs i got pretty much everything working except the following.

1. (and most important)
I cant get my external hard drives (including my time machine) to show up in Finder.
Flash drives show up but USB harddrives dont. They are both 3.0 drives and dont work in 3.0 or 2.0 ports.

2. For some reason my Clover boot screen changes. Sometimes its this ugly blue. Sometimes its a slightly less ugly black screen. And others its the actual theme i installed.

my MB is a Z87C-OC

So after 2 fresh installs i got pretty much everything working except the following.

1. (and most important)
I cant get my external hard drives (including my time machine) to show up in Finder.
Flash drives show up but USB harddrives dont. They are both 3.0 drives and dont work in 3.0 or 2.0 ports.

2. For some reason my Clover boot screen changes. Sometimes its this ugly blue. Sometimes its a slightly less ugly black screen. And others its the actual theme i installed.

my MB is a Z87C-OC

Hi - my board is similar to yours (see my profile), so I would suggest make sure you have the latest BIOS from Gigabyte I think its 10b and have your settings in the BIOS as recommended in the Guide. You really shouldn't be having any trouble as this board is super easy to run any OS X version - IMHO - Good luck. By the way I am using a discreet graphics card oppose to the onboard one in mine.

Hi - my board is similar to yours (see my profile), so I would suggest make sure you have the latest BIOS from Gigabyte I think its 10b and have your settings in the BIOS as recommended in the Guide. You really shouldn't be having any trouble as this board is super easy to run any OS X version - IMHO - Good luck. By the way I am using a discreet graphics card oppose to the onboard one in mine.

Thanks for the reply. My settings are set to the guide except for vt-d is enabled and won't let me disable it. But I read that since I have a 4077k CPU it does not matter. Can I update my bios from Mac?

1. (and most important)

On my GA-H87N-WIFI, I had USB3 ports on my case working but not the ones on the motherboard (my USB3 stick just never showed up if plugged into one of the non-working ports). You'll probably just need to go through the USB troubleshooting process. In my case, I edited the DSDT to remove unneeded HS## ports so I didn't exceed the 15-port limit on XHC, but there are other ways it can be done too.

I believe Clover installed themes "embedded" and "random" by default in addition to whatever you select, and then uses "random". So to force it to use yours, you can delete the directories under EFI/CLOVER/themes/ except for the one named for the theme you selected.

Nice i got the USBs working with the USB fix in the main thread. And i deleted all the themes except the one im using.

Im now working 100%

Well except that my About This Mac says im using a Mac Pro (which is good) but in my Finder instead of "Kevan's Mac Pro" it says "Kevan's iMac"

Anyway to change that to Mac Pro?

System Preferences / Sharing
Awesome got that fixed now. Even fixed the About Mac to display Hackintosh Pro.

But that led me to a new bug.

So i am running a 4770K CPU which has a base clock of 3.5GHz but my MB has a "Turbo" button that automatically pick the best overclock speed based on its database or w/e for your particular CPU.

Awesome mine picked 4.3GHz this was fine because my CPU is water-cooled no problems. In 10.9 and 10.10 the About this mac displayed 4.3GHz and Geekbench and Cinebech all displayed 4.3ghz.

I noticed that 10.11 was still displaying 3.5 even though the turbo button was still on. So i went into the bios to change it manually to 4.3 but About this mac and all the programs are still displaying 3.5

any ideas?

That's just boot loader differences. Clover displays the reported clock speed of cpu without turbo/OC. Chimera reported turbo clock speed in about (but bugged out at 4.3, if it was higher it still only reported up to 4.3).

What matters is if you see your cpu actually at correct speeds in hardware monitor/menu bar.

if it bothers you enough you can actually just manually input what you want to see in that box in clover configurator.

That's just boot loader differences. Clover displays the reported clock speed of cpu without turbo/OC. Chimera reported turbo clock speed in about (but bugged out at 4.3, if it was higher it still only reported up to 4.3).

What matters is if you see your cpu actually at correct speeds in hardware monitor/menu bar.

if it bothers you enough you can actually just manually input what you want to see in that box in clover configurator.

Awesome. Where can i find hardware monitor? I dont see it in any of the apps on my mac.

Also can you tell me how to change it in Clover Config?

Update: I installed Intel Power Gadget and then ran a benchmark and the CPU does infact ramp up to 4.3GHZ (which is what i set the OC to)

So all i need to know is how to change what "About this mac" displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back