Contribute
Register

Gordo Guide: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordo - would you mind posting your Geekbench 64bit score?

Gordo74 said:
dingl3 said:
Gordo74 said:
Install Chimera 1.4.0 and then just set Turbo back to Auto and then OC via the base multiplier.

Hi im still having issues acheiving speed over 3.8 ghz the main multiplier will only go to 41 max as will the 4 turbo cores i dont know if i have the correct settings set would it be possible for you to take a picture of just the mit advanced settings for cross reference many thanks in advance if you are able to do this for me

:)

You do not need to mess with Turbo anymore. just set the turbo to auto and the multiplier to 42x. It sounds a LOT like you have a 2500 non K, which their multiplier is locked to 41x on one core, 38x on all cores.
Ha ha you were absolutely right mate I had ordered the wrong one just returned it now had to take a 10% loss on it but I got the 2500k happy days will report back when I'm at 4.2ghz ;)
Yeah I'd like to know your GeekBench score too

Gordo74 said:
With 32 bit geekbench, I get 11.5k at 4.2ghz, I have broken 12.5k before (you will see around 14k for 2600k's), but at speeds and voltages I wish not to run 24/7.

Im fully up and running now at 4.2 with a geekbench 64bit score of 11877 so not bad at all my cpu is running at only 32 - 38c i got a water-cooled heat sink.

Just one question have i to up the voltage of the vcore or leave it at auto i did up i to 1.290 if i wanted to try push for 4.8 what should the vcore be sat at?

Many thanks your help has been a real help in getting my vanilla system runing

That's where it's different for every chip. Time to play around and see. Try different combinations and values. Have fun with it. Like I said in the original post, I cant help you guys individually because of everything being different for every chip. Good luck!

hey guys
I installed all from the beginning following the new guide ... and I installed mac osx and everything is good ...

then I installed chimera 1.4 because I wanted to overclock ..

I put the multiplier to 41 .. it was the maximum for my i5 2500 ...
but when I go under ABOUT THIS MAC .. I can only see 3.31 Ghz ..

is it normal?

thanks

I got this message after I put the multiplier to 41 ...

You need to restart your computer. Hold Down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button.

is it correlated?

thanks

this is my situation at the moment ..

if I put the multiplier at 41 .. I get the kernel panic error when I try to restart the computer but I dont have any loop when I switch on the computer ...

if I put at 32 ... no kernel panic but the computer goes in loop when I switch one the computer .. it's like it tries to start something but it cant .. after 3-4 times I can finally go inside the bios and then start ..

please suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back