Graphics
GT220 Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im after a cooler that will fit on a gigabyte pa55 usb3 board without running into things like ram slots etc but will work alot better than my standard intel one which is hopeless when i stress test it on my overclocked 3.5ghz i7
most important that you know it fits in there ok and i wont loose a ram slot for instance.

i also dont want to spend a fortune either

Can't say for 100% certain, but I'm running a coolit Eco on a p55m and it works very well and keeps the temp down when stressed, although im currently not ocing it. It is small and doesn't get in the way of my slots and I'm on a micro board. It's a sealed unit so you don't have to worry about filling it, plus it has a 3 year warranty. Also the block mounted very secure to the CPU and board. I been running it for about 3 months and couldn't be happier. Very very quiet rig. Only thing is, like all coolers, a lot depends on your case. Hope this helps for starters and is only a suggestion, ymmv

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835227006&cm_re=Coolit-_-35-227-006-_-Product

I use a Corsair H50 and it's AMAZING! My CPU temps with the stock cooler at idle were in the mid 40's and under load were above 80. I replaced the stock cooler with the H50 which fit easily and now it idles around 30 and never goes above 60 under load! It's a simple self contained liquid cooler with zero maintenance other than using dustoff once in a while to blow out the small radiator on the back. It comes pre-filled and it just works! For about $70 at Amazon or Newegg or $79 at Bestbuy it rocks! I never thought I'd use a liquid cooler but this was so easy and works so well I'll never go back to a dry system.

shaneblyth said:
Im after a cooler that will fit on a gigabyte pa55 usb3 board without running into things like ram slots etc but will work alot better than my standard intel one which is hopeless when i stress test it on my overclocked 3.5ghz i7
most important that you know it fits in there ok and i wont loose a ram slot for instance.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8415
deal ends today

shinew said:
shaneblyth said:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8415
deal ends today

pity .. looks like newegg ship to America only I am in New Zealand but a killer deal

sevenxbb said:
I use a Corsair H50 and it's AMAZING! My CPU temps with the stock cooler at idle were in the mid 40's and under load were above 80. I replaced the stock cooler with the H50 which fit easily and now it idles around 30 and never goes above 60 under load! It's a simple self contained liquid cooler with zero maintenance other than using dustoff once in a while to blow out the small radiator on the back. It comes pre-filled and it just works! For about $70 at Amazon or Newegg or $79 at Bestbuy it rocks! I never thought I'd use a liquid cooler but this was so easy and works so well I'll never go back to a dry system.

cheers in New Zealand they are quite expensive and newegg doesnt seem to ship world wide nice cooler though

just read an interesting comment
My system is moved as in put in the car taken to a gig and setup and taken down.
The comment was if you move your system these big heavy coolers can rip your motherboard apart! I am careful but the comment made alot of sense.
So i have ordered a SCYTHE SAMURAI ZZ
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3266/s ... index.html
its light compact for its cooling ability for its size is unmatched evidently. Its also not too tall so not likely to stress the motherboard at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back