Contribute
Register

Good Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one of those here too (a HAF X), like 'em very much. Mine's on wheels.

The SilverStone FT03 looks really nice, very "appleish"! Would certainly get a killer look with apple peripherals :D

But I really like the Corsair products; I've got a Obsidian 700D, no complains about it except for the weight (bugs a bit when working on it) and the absence of the windowed side panel; a nice, well designed enthusiast full tower, albeit on the expensive side.

The smaller ones also look good; the Graphite 600T looks good, outside and inside. For those with less space availability, should be a top notch choice.

I vote for the FT03. It is a nice box with cube like sexy lines that doesn't make you feel like you bought a junker. Overall it has gotten great reviews and is one of the few cases out there that has been designed to be able to go completely passively cooled. I don't like huge unwieldy cases, but I want good expansion options in a nice looking compact case. The FT03 seems to offer that. I have already put my build list together and intend to build it at the end of the month. Wish me luck!

phil_phister said:
I just bought one of these for my new build...

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/produ ... s/shinobi/

Cheap too at under £50 GBP

Just started to build with this case.. The soft touch covering is really nice, but doesn't cover the side panels. Styling is good too.

Only a couple of mobo standoffs are in position, with more provided - This will allow you to mount more than just ATX mobos.. All screws and standoffs are black, following the all black interior of the case..

A few other things to note with this non window version of the case are:

1. Only 1x 120mm case fan fitted at rear - (Window version has one at front and one at rear)

2. No screwless HDD or optical drive mounts, just screws - (Window version has all screwless drive mounts)

If you don't like the silver logo on the front, you can remove it, which gives you a logo shaped air flow hole, with dust filter behind it :)

More observations to follow as the build continues..

Corsair 600T :headbang: :headbang:
Two versions available.
Just Google "Corsair 600T"

I, too, am using the Corsair 600T for my next build. I have a few tongue-in-cheek comments about it in my current build description (see link in signature block, then scroll down to end of the post).

I bought the 600T on the recommendation of several of my fellow Moderators. My current system uses a CoolerMaster Elite 341 which is a nice, inexpensive case for starter system. But, with no cable management and my large hands, I wanted a bigger case and aesthetically pleasing. I got it with the Corsair 600T.

I've been using Mac's since the late 80's. My first Mac was an SE/30, and my last desktop Mac was a G4 AGP Sawtooth (hot rodded to the max). I've been using Mac laptops since the Sawtooth. So, when I build my 1st Hackintosh, I went low risk. However, now I'm more knowledgeable about PC hardware. The Corsair 600T will fit right in with my idea of Mac desktop case.

BTW, as several of you have mentioned, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm an Aeronautical Engineer (retired) so my "beauty" is a functional, flowing design. Consequently, my tastes will, in all probability, be different than yours.

I wouldn't call those corsair cases mac-like; rather, I think it is quite obvious that they have much more in common with the old Next boxes.

those corsair cases don't look very sleek to me, and they're expensive. I like the bitfenix case but $20 shipping? no thanks... that's a 1/3 of the case price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back