Contribute
Register

Going X79: will the Asus Rampage IV Black Edition or EVGA X79 Classified work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am also between the Asus Rampage IV Black edition and the P9X79-E WS at the moment. Could you let me know for which one did you go in the end, and if you experience any issues with your build? I'm planning to use it as well with a 4930K.

Thanks for your time and help!

Hi Rudy ..I just built an Asus black edition with i7 4930...I have dual boot windows 8.1 and Mavericks....It was tricky getting osx working.. but it all works... except the onboard audio is not supported on osx. To the best of my knowledge... but I use a small USB sound card for mavericks. I will be getting a nice sound card for both and disabling the onboard sound...hope this helps.

Hi Rudy ..I just built an Asus black edition with i7 4930...I have dual boot windows 8.1 and Mavericks....It was tricky getting osx working.. but it all works... except the onboard audio is not supported on osx. To the best of my knowledge... but I use a small USB sound card for mavericks. I will be getting a nice sound card for both and disabling the onboard sound...hope this helps.

Hi there,

Onboard audio works using the alc1150 kext in multibeast :)

Hope this helps! Good luck :)

Thanks alot Arctix....Will load that when I get home.

Thanks a lot for your reply! I see way more users with the RIBVE, I'm also going for this option next week.

Best regards

I recently acquired a rampage IV BE with a 3930k cpu. Does this hardware work w el capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back