Contribute
Register

Going from Clover to Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right - or just uninstall Clover alltogether and use Chameleon or Chimera instead? Either way - can I use the Chameleon bootloader if I can get into my BIOS?

You can try disabling UEFI boot in BIOS, changing to Legacy boot. This will disable any Clover UEFI bootloader, and you can boot to Chimera/Chameleon (if it had been installed before you installed Clover UEFI). Otherwise, use Unibeast USB to boot to OS X and reinstall Chimera/Chameleon.

Great, Ill try and boot into the BIOS now.

I'm sorry - how do you jump the pins or boot into the BIOS?

Right, I did that (already had that page open in fact - had just found it) and this screen came up.
20131101_175416.jpg

That carried out successfully and then a screen came up which was all black apart from "7_" in the top left. I turned off the computer and turned it on again and the BIOS splash screen doesn't show - it just goes back to the original Clover screen.

Right, I did that (already had that page open in fact - had just found it) and this screen came up.
View attachment 72170

That carried out successfully and then a screen came up which was all black apart from "7_" in the top left. I turned off the computer and turned it on again and the BIOS splash screen doesn't show - it just goes back to the original Clover screen.

Pressing DEL key repeatedly when you are booting.

I do, it just goes directly to this page

20131031_074607.jpg

Remove your internal drive then reflash BIOS to see if you can get to normal BIOS.

I did it again - flashed it and then the same happened - no BIOS splash screen
I really appreciate this by the way, if you can help me fix it so it works - I will be sure to give you some sort of donation or something :)

I did it again - flashed it and then the same happened - no BIOS splash screen
I really appreciate this by the way, if you can help me fix it so it works - I will be sure to give you some sort of donation or something :)

Sorry but I'm out of ideas now. Try removing your Clover SSD, GPU, use some Linux USB to test if it can boot.

I'm afraid that you have to send the mainboard for repair if nothing works out.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back