Graphics
MSI GTX 650 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I originally had Chimera installed but iMessage broke for me (again) so I decided to give Clover a shot. I followed the following guide on YouTube and it completely corrupted my system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4MunSmBdM8

I tried reverting back to Chimera but I can only boot into OS X from a USB drive now. Installing Chimera via MultiBeast doesn't get rid of the corrupt Clover bootloader.

Any ideas on how I can revert my system back to its original state with Chimera as the bootloader?

So I originally had Chimera installed but iMessage broke for me (again) so I decided to give Clover a shot. I followed the following guide on YouTube and it completely corrupted my system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4MunSmBdM8

I tried reverting back to Chimera but I can only boot into OS X from a USB drive now. Installing Chimera via MultiBeast doesn't get rid of the corrupt Clover bootloader.

Any ideas on how I can revert my system back to its original state with Chimera as the bootloader?

You probably installed Clover in legacy/BIOS mode (not UEFI). In this case the Chimera installer will not overwrite the boot records (it only likes to overwrite certain boot records... not sure why...)

So, to fix that use Chameleon Wizard to install (Chameleon). The installer in Chameleon Wizard is a bit more forceful. From there you should be able to go back to Chimera using Multibeast or the standalone Chimera installer.

That is assuming you didn't do something else to your Chimera config in your attempt to get Clover working...

Suggestion: Next time you try Clover, install it first on a USB stick.

Thanks for the prompt response... darn thing didn't work. :( Clover is still there and it's still very corrupted. I guess I'm going to have to do a complete reinstall unless somebody else chimes in with any ideas.

I had this problem but I can't boot my system at all. I have Mavericks and get the error: This version of Mac OS X is not supported. Reason: Z77 DS3H. Please help, I can't get into my computer.

I had this problem but I can't boot my system at all. I have Mavericks and get the error: This version of Mac OS X is not supported. Reason: Z77 DS3H. Please help, I can't get into my computer.

Can you get into BIOS or reinstall Windows/OS X?

I can't get into my BIOS or boot from either my Mavericks or Mountain Lion USB. These are the screens I get. Thank you for the response

20131031_074607.jpg20131031_074630.jpg

If you can't get into BIOS and it seems that the BIOS screen is corrupted somehow, you should reflash BIOS. You can force a BIOS recovery on your DualBIOS mainboard by follow the guide:
Code:
ok while jumping pins 4 and 7 on the main bios chip and powering on the  comp I was able to force the backup bios to boot and flash the main bios  with its contents....

What do I do once I have booted the computer and the BIOS works? I had this problem before and I pressed 1 at startup to use Chameleon instead which worked. It doesn't work now it just shows that i5 3570k page.

Once into the BIOS, what do I do? I want to avoid a clean OS install if possible...

What do I do once I have booted the computer and the BIOS works? I had this problem before and I pressed 1 at startup to use Chameleon instead which worked. It doesn't work now it just shows that i5 3570k page.

Once into the BIOS, what do I do? I want to avoid a clean OS install if possible...

If you can go to BIOS, and boot to OS X by using Chameleon instead of Clover, I suggest that you should investigate more how to create correct Clover config.plist for your mainboard. Sorry but I don't have experience with Gigabyte mainboard.

Right - or just uninstall Clover alltogether and use Chameleon or Chimera instead? Either way - can I use the Chameleon bootloader if I can get into my BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back