Contribute
Register

Going Bald Build - GA-X58A-UD7 - Core i7-920 - Sapphire HD5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you flash the 5770 with the Mac image? I've tried my XFX 5770 in 2 different builds, and it doesn't work. Works fine with Win 7 pro 64 bit though.

No, it works OOB. I had to wait until 10.6.7 to get support/drivers for it. Prior to that it wouldn't work.

Did you flash the 5770 with the Mac image? I've tried my XFX 5770 in 2 different builds, and it doesn't work. Works fine with Win 7 pro 64 bit though.

No, I did not flash the card. It works just fine without that. The XFX brand cards have been a problem and the 5770 in particular - there are entire threads of problems with the XFX 5770 gfx card - just type it into the forum search and you will see it.

That motherboard is BEASTLY!!! I have to get my hands on one of those!!! Your Hackintosh must be a thing of beauty!!!

I do have an old EVGA X58 3X Classified (e760) mobo I wouldn't mind putting back in service, but I really like that Gigabyte board.

Be advised the price has not gone down since the release of this board - it has gone up instead, if you can even find it. Newegg and TigerDirect don't have it. Amazon does, though - http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Intel-Core-Motherboard-GA-X58A-UD7/dp/B002YJPJ88/
and if you live in the UK or AUS you can get it on eBay - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=ga-x58a-ud7&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Hehe - My bad taking so long to reply. I haven't set up my profile properly.

Yes, I've noticed the boards are very hard to find. I have an old EVGA Classified E760 packaged up, but I had to sell my 980x to fund my latest builds. Such is life.

Thanks for help. You're very kind!

Edit: My bad. I didn't notice that I mentioned my E760 in my previous post, so it looks a bit redundant. Oh well.

Happy Holidays.

Be advised the price has not gone down since the release of this board - it has gone up instead, if you can even find it. Newegg and TigerDirect don't have it. Amazon does, though - http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Intel-Core-Motherboard-GA-X58A-UD7/dp/B002YJPJ88/
and if you live in the UK or AUS you can get it on eBay - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=ga-x58a-ud7&_sacat=0&_from=R40

So I just lucked out and found one of these locally on craigslist for $100 - what a steal.

I am using the iBoot Legacy (maybe should be using newer version) method, then Snow Leopard Retail DVD. I seem to get stuck after switch for iBoot and hit enter on the SL DVD. My screen goes blank. I can't figure out if its the video card - I noticed you changed them out and mentioned an issue - can you provide details?

Thanks for the help

So I just lucked out and found one of these locally on craigslist for $100 - what a steal.

I am using the iBoot Legacy (maybe should be using newer version) method, then Snow Leopard Retail DVD. I seem to get stuck after switch for iBoot and hit enter on the SL DVD. My screen goes blank. I can't figure out if its the video card - I noticed you changed them out and mentioned an issue - can you provide details?

Thanks for the help

When I first built SL 10.6.0 had no support for the HD5770 gfx card I had bought. So I bought a GT120 (re-branded 9500GTX) and it worked great. And later when 10.6.7 came out with support for the HD5770 I was too busy to hassle with Win7 not liking hardware changes. So it wasn't until after I updated to 10.6.8 that I swapped the GT120 for the HD5770.

The entire build is still going strong and haven't had a single problem out of it once I got it lined out that first year. It went from SL to Lion to ML without a bobble or KP, just had to re-install audio each time. Only "problem" is the USB3.0 - sometimes it takes a while for drivers to catch up to the OS X version, but I don't use it that often so it's no big deal for me if it isn't working.

Hi,
Just wondering how if your Sleep/wake work properly on your system? I'm having a hard time with that one issue.
Thanks,
John

Hi,
Just wondering how if your Sleep/wake work properly on your system? I'm having a hard time with that one issue.
Thanks,
John

Mine works great.

Hey...sorry to bother you, just willing to know does your computer update Sierra successfully? I think I have similar problem with you that I can use the USB 3.0 but the system doesn't show up. Maybe that is the cause of my computer cannot wake up. It gets black screen after I have wake up. Any hints can help me to solve this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back