2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm using the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle from the buyers guide. It work's in general but my Magic Mouse is very, very laggy and don't react at all sometimes... (With my MBPr it run's great...)

Sören

Hi,

I'm using the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle from the buyers guide. It work's in general but my Magic Mouse is very, very laggy and don't react at all sometimes... (With my MBPr it run's great...)

Sören

The dongle is not designed for high range use. Any interference can cause lag. So the dongle must be near your magic mouse for it to function well. You could also install the BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareData kexts to update the bluetooth firmware to v14 c5555 and see if it does anything.

The reason why it works efficiently on Macs is due to their multiple antennas embodied in the Mac itself.

Thank you for your help!

I will try and report! :)

The mouse was relative close to the dongle. (about 30cm / 12")

Thank you for your help!

I will try and report! :)

The mouse was relative close to the dongle. (about 30cm / 12")

You could use a USB extension cable and have the dongle close to your monitor or wherever it needs to be to receive good signal. I plan on doing this and attach it to the back of my monitor.

Hi,

I managed to reduce the distance between USB Dongle und Mouse to 2-3 inch... now the mouse works great... but the position of the dodge is a bit odd... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back