GMA 4500 mhd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel GL40
CPU
Intel (R) Celeron 900
Graphics
Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics (GMA 4500mhd)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, i've got an old laptop with OS X, but the graphics don't work. I tried installing a 32 bit kext in 10.7 but when macOS loads it the display/monitor goes black. I noticed that the problem is the backlight, and booting in verbose I saw that OS X sets the brightness to the max before the monitor goes black. You can see something with a lamp, but it is unusable using macOS in this way.
Specs:
cpu: Intel Celeron 900
gpu: Intel GMA 4500 MHD
motherboard: Intel GL40.
If someone knows how to resolve this, I will be glad.
Thanks.

Hello, i've got an old laptop with OS X, but the graphics don't work. I tried installing a 32 bit kext in 10.7 but when macOS loads it the display/monitor goes black. I noticed that the problem is the backlight, and booting in verbose I saw that OS X sets the brightness to the max . You can see something with a lamp, but it is unusable using macOS in this way.
Specs:
cpu: Intel Celeron 900
gpu: Intel GMA 4500 MHD
motherboard: Intel GL40.
If someone knows how to resolve this, I will be glad.
Thanks.
Celeron graphics are not supported

So the problem is the cpu?

Oh, there aren't any ways to fix it?

Oh, I don't want to replace processor, but thanks!

Hello again, I have another answer: I saw several times that there's some patched kernels for Intel Celeron and Intel Pentium. Could maybe the patched kernel work?

Hello again, I have another answer: I saw several times that there's some patched kernels for Intel Celeron and Intel Pentium. Could maybe the patched kernel work?
yes, you could get your cpu to work, but your graphics will never work

Ok, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back