Contribute
Register

GMA 4500 MHD .kext (post your result please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GMA 4500MHD is not supported and QE/CE will never work. Give up now. It is hopeless.
Oh, :( sad... Too bad, I think many people had lie to me.. They say that kext work :'(

Oh, :( sad... Too bad, I think many people had lie to me.. They say that kext work :'(

There is no kext to enable QE/CI for 4500MHD. You need newer hardware.

There is no kext to enable QE/CI for 4500MHD. You need newer hardware.
You also have gma4500mhd? Seem like you also try very hard find that kext XD

You also have gma4500mhd? Seem like you also try very hard find that kext XD

I had one (actually still do... it was a Toshiba laptop that was given to me) and initial research showed that there was conflicting information on 4500mhd. Some had tried to use the Intel x3100 driver or patches to it and then claimed to have it working. But, in fact, there was no QE/CI. Some people confused full/native resolution with QE/CI. OS X is painful without QE/CI and it just isn't worth trying to install without it being a possibility. GMA 45000MHD was never used on real Macs, so there is no support for it in the drivers. There was one individual that tried to work on a patch to the x3100 driver, but he was unsuccessful and eventually gave up.

I had one (actually still do... it was a Toshiba laptop that was given to me) and initial research showed that there was conflicting information on 4500mhd. Some had tried to use the Intel x3100 driver or patches to it and then claimed to have it working. But, in fact, there was no QE/CI. Some people confused full/native resolution with QE/CI. OS X is painful without QE/CI and it just isn't worth trying to install without it being a possibility. GMA 45000MHD was never used on real Macs, so there is no support for it in the drivers. There was one individual that tried to work on a patch to the x3100 driver, but he was unsuccessful and eventually gave up.

i not very understand.. what happened if gpu not supported? i have 1 working hackintosh on gma 4500mhd.. why don't you take that challence and make that gpu patch?

i not very understand.. what happened if gpu not supported? i have 1 working hackintosh on gma 4500mhd.. why don't you take that challence and make that gpu patch?

If GPU is not supported, the system loads VESA/base drivers which lack hardware acceleration (QE/CI). Much does not work without QE/CI, making OS X useless on a machine running such drivers.

That computer is not running OS X at the moment (currently has Linux). I have no plans to install OS X on it at this point. Like I said, you can make native resolution work on the 4500MHD, but not QE/CI.

If GPU is not supported, the system loads VESA/base drivers which lack hardware acceleration (QE/CI). Much does not work without QE/CI, making OS X useless on a machine running such drivers.

That computer is not running OS X at the moment (currently has Linux). I have no plans to install OS X on it at this point. Like I said, you can make native resolution work on the 4500MHD, but not QE/CI.

does not work without QE/CI, making OS X useless on a machine running such drivers.<-- how is that, do you have any videos? I still can't imagine :(

does not work without QE/CI, making OS X useless on a machine running such drivers.<-- how is that, do you have any videos? I still can't imagine :(

You will find out as you use the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back