Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Plus
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have been running my ACD 27" off the mini displayport on my 5770 (ZMF3), witch is running great. I am also running a secondary ACD 20" of either one of the dvi ports.

Lately however, I have noticed that I get some weird flicker on the left side of the screen once OSX loads to the desktop (but not before). If I unplug the dvi cable and plug it back in, or put the machine to sleep and then wake it, the flicker/glitchyness goes away.

I have included a pic and a video if it helps, and I am wondering what my options are to fix this.

Attachments

• 5770Glitchy.MOV
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    456.3 KB · Views: 164
Bump....anyone?

I've sifted through the forums, but can't seem to find anyone with the same issues.
What should I be searching for?

I have the same problem with my HD 6870 in 10.7.4. I have 3 monitors connected (HDMI, DVI, and an active mini DP to DVI). When I boot up the HDMI and the MiniDP ones show the Apple grey loading screen without any issues. The 3rd display remains off. When I get into Lion the MiniDP monitor is glitchy and has artifacts. The other two monitors are perfect. The only way to fix it is to go to sleep or reconnect the MiniDP cable.

Anyone figure out how to make it work?

I think I figured out the problem for us. OSX only likes specific Mini DP adapters. You have to find the right one.

OK, and which ones are those??

I heard any of the MiniDP to VGA or HDMI work fine as long as they are active, but for MiniDP to DVI people had success with the Apple one.

Hmmm, I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing...

I have an ACD 27" plugged into the Minidisplayport, and a 20" titanium Cinema display plugged into either of the additional DVI ports.

I am not using any adaptors.

And the "glitchyness" only occurs on the titanium cinema display on the DVI port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back