Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
dell xps 8300 mobo
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
zotac gtx 1050ti
Hi. I apologise for my ignorance, I am a complete newbie to mackintosh. I have built a few pcs before, but never anything like this. I am trying to build a mackintosh for my dad. I have installed MacOS, and managed to get audio working after some trial and error. But there are a lot of glitches inside of MacOS. For example when full screen youth videos play they go at about 7fps. when logging in, there are lots of strange glitches. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks a lot,
murray

Hi. I apologise for my ignorance, I am a complete newbie to mackintosh. I have built a few pcs before, but never anything like this. I am trying to build a mackintosh for my dad. I have installed MacOS, and managed to get audio working after some trial and error. But there are a lot of glitches inside of MacOS. For example when full screen youth videos play they go at about 7fps. when logging in, there are lots of strange glitches. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks a lot,
murray
which version of macOS have you installed?

Macos el capitan, I saw others having success with the Xps 8300 (My Machine, I put in a 1050ti and a 240gb ssd)

Macos el capitan, I saw others having success with the Xps 8300 (My Machine, I put in a 1050ti and a 240gb ssd)
There is no support for Pascal graphics in El Capitan.

There is no support for Pascal graphics in El Capitan.
So there is no way to fix this? what versions do support pascal GPUs ?
Thank you for helping, I appreciate it.

So there is no way to fix this? what versions do support pascal GPUs ?
No support until mid way through Sierra and then only with the Nvidia web drivers.

No support until mid way through Sierra and then only with the Nvidia web drivers.
OK. Any advice on what to do? should I upgrade to sierra, high sierra or mojave?
thanks,
murray:)

OK. Any advice on what to do? should I upgrade to sierra, high sierra or mojave?
thanks,
murray:)
Mojave has no support for Pascal graphics as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back