i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there!

I am struggling to get UHD 620 working properly on macOS Mojave 10.14.2. The graphic drivers are loading and system report says "Intel HD Graphics 620 1536 MB".

I will try my best to explain the situation I am facing.

So the system boots up pretty fast till first stage Apple Logo, At the second stage, when the screen flickers for a tiny bit of second, progress bar always seems to get stuck. After waiting for a couple of seconds, the mouse pointer comes, stating the login screen has loaded.

Then I can type in the password and hit enter to login, I'll just see a spinning bar overlapping the Apple Logo and then, we can see a very faded out desktop.

As the desktop fades in to screen normally, in my case, it get's stuck at the initial fade state. At this point if I plugin in HDMI cable, the screen becomes normal and I get display both on HDMI and internal display.

Then, I get stutters and lags like, If I delete a file from desktop, it would be deleted but the icon still stays there until I relaunch Finder or Navigate the same location from the Finder window.

The launchpad opening and closing is very smooth, like it is when the graphics is working normally. The lags can be more specifically said to be rendering delays. As in, the actual stuff is happening only it is not being visually updated.

When we open System Prefs any of the sub prefs will not load or it will load and the title would say "Loading General, Loading Displays or Loading XYZ"

But we can access the prefpane if we open it directly by right clicking on System Pref icon and choosing the appropriate option.

If I type something in 'Terminal' a few letters will be (visually) shown while in the background, everything is working, If I minimize terminal or resize it's window, the text get's rendered/updated.

I have also tried with Skylake spoofing with both on HS and Mojave, The issue is the same.

Also, If I adjust the graphics brightness from the prefpane, If I directly click at the point that I want, the display behaves normally whereas if I slide gradually, entire window crashes and I am sent back to the login screen.

Same crash happens when I use the brightness keys to adjust the brightness.

One thing to note: In any case, when some freeze happens, I can connect or disconnect HDMI to get the screen back to normal.

I am being this vague as I seriously can't understand what is happening in this case.

Tried with fixing EDID, changing color depth, and what not. The issue prevails. Please have a look and guide me on what to do next.

I am attaching the full PR files for the review.

Also, here is a video in case my explanation was not quite clear:

P.S: Specs are not in my signature as I do not own this machine. Specs can be found in preboot.log

Regards

Attachments

• debug_25780.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 241
Last edited:
@RehabMan I have uploaded the recent debug files along with AGDCDiagnose report. Can you please have a look?

Attachments

• debug_12516.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 217
  • diag.txt
    51.4 KB · Views: 160
@black.dragon74
I encounter the same issue exactly! same happen when typing in 'Terminal'. I also tried inject EDID.
It happen whill installing os and after installed. both 10.13 or 10.14.
my hardware info:
ASUSPro B9440UA, i7 7500U, Intel HD 620.

@black.dragon74
I encounter the same issue exactly! same happen when typing in 'Terminal'. I also tried inject EDID.
It happen whill installing os and after installed. both 10.13 or 10.14.
my hardware info:
ASUSPro B9440UA, i7 7500U, Intel HD 620.
View attachment 390900
Wow. This is the exact problem that was occurring in my case. Will try with that kext and see if it helps.

Well, I downgraded the BIOS and it works normally. Do you have the same laptop. If yes, which BIOS version?

Also, TSCSync is rarely needed on laptops.
Yes, I have the same laotop. BIOS is 3.0.1 with the laptop, then I upgrade to 3.1.5, both have the same problem.
Which BIOS version that you downgraded to and works normally?

Hi guys, I have a Razer Blade Stealth, also with UHD 620 graphics and I was getting lots of glitching at 1600x900 HiDPI mode. I was able to completely get rid of it by adding the GfxYTile patch to Devices/Properties. You can add it with Clover Configurator (see screenshot), Plist Editor, or Hackintool also has it. I know you have different laptops but doesn't hurt to try!

Hi, my laptop is DELL 3576 with 8250u and UHD620 and i have animation stuttering. This happen when i switch to another virtual desktop, moving windows or select something on desktop. Launchpad and other animations basically smooth, but sometimes has freezes. Anyone got same problems on this GPU ? i'm using RehabMan HD 620 config with lilu + whatevergreen. I can attach logs and video later, but if u have same GPU, tell me, have u animation freezes ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back