Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've tried to make it work with this MSI H67MA-E35 mobo, but it doesn't look like it was meant to be. I'll probably end up giving it to my friend.

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new mobo and get a graphics card. I'm looking for suggestions as to the most stable most vanilla combo (given the updates to iboot multibeast and chimera). I want to spend under $250 for both- less if possible.

What's left of my current build:
i7 2600k
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB SATA II SSD (for OSX)
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD (for win7 and the rest of my apps/files)
G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333
A mid tower case, a power supply, and a bluray burner

I was looking at:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814125309

And one of the gigabyte mobos?

The "Batman" 5770 that you linked seems to be pretty popular around here. As far as boards, Gigabyte is always recommended, but The Asus P8P67 line seems good. Don't know for sure, as I haven't managed to scrape together all the cash to do mine yet.

if you plan on doing any overclocking I would get a Asus card. Gigabyte locks its bios so you can not Volt mod.

cowfodder said:
The "Batman" 5770 that you linked seems to be pretty popular around here. As far as boards, Gigabyte is always recommended, but The Asus P8P67 line seems good if you use Andy's boot cd. Don't know for sure, as I haven't managed to scrape together all the cash to do mine yet.
iBoot fully supports Sandy Bridge and AMD video cards and is the only supported boot helper here.

I'll doing the same.
What about Z68 Motherboards ?

Gordo74 said:
I can confirm my hardware works and I have a guide in my signature.

Gordo74, do you have native power management working for your setup, coz this seems to be the only thing MSI/leagacy_kernel combo misses?

Gordo74 said:
I can confirm my hardware works and I have a guide in my signature.

I saw your guide- it seems to be very popular. I was worried since the post date was before all of the April and May improvements that tonymac released. Is the guide still current/ the best method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back