Contribute
Register

Giving up... How to be Windows 7 back on?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I just tried PCIRootUID=0 on boot up and it works fine! How do I make it always do this?!

PROGRESS!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Go to the /Extra folder and find the file "org.chameleon.Boot.plist"

Open it and find the line with: <string>darkwake=0</string>

Change that to: <string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0</string>

Go to the /Extra folder and find the file "org.chameleon.Boot.plist"

If the file isn't there, you'll need to run multibeast and install userDSDT, easybeast, or chimera first. Then, see if it works without PCIRootUID=0. If it doesn't work than add it to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Thank you very much! I added just that and it now boots PERFECTLY! Chuffed to say the least :) I've owned this PC a month and I've only just been able to start using it. What a great community this is being able to help each other like this, thanks again!

I'm only running at 1024x800 standard resolution as I've not installed any graphics support for my HD3000 but that doesn't bother me. I'll be ordering a GTX660 in a moment to install so I'll be using that in the long run!

I had an issue getting sound to work when I was in safemode but now I'm not I'll give it another go, if it doesn't work I'll update this post in a moment!

You can add
Code:
<string>Graphics Mode</string>
<key>1920x1080x32</key>
to your org.chameleon.boot.plist to force a higher resolution (1920x1080 in this case) until you get the graphics working.

I ordered and received my GTX660 (non-ti) today and I installed the appropriate drivers from Nvidia, ticked GraphicsEnabler in Multibeast then turned off my unit, installed the card and it works perfectly so I'm now running a EVGA 2GB GTX660 :)

Now all I need to do is install and dual boot Windows 7, I'm going to follow this brief guide. Should this all work ok with my set-up?

The following works quite well. Please do not post links to sites that use hacked kernels to install on AMD boards in violation of forum rules. Your posts containing these links have been removed.
1. Boot into existing Lion installation
2. Resize OS X partition
3. Create a second partiton as FAT
4. Start Windows 7 installation
5. Do NOT delete the free FAT partition, format it
banghead.gif

6. Install Windows
7. Bootloader lost --> boot with the UniBeast USB installation drive
8. Boot into existing OS X installation, run MultiBeast (select only Chimera under bootloaders)
9. Restart --> everything works perfectly
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Ok sorry about that, wasn't aware of that. I'll try the Windows 7 set-up tomorrow.

They'll both be on the same drive, I don't quite understand if I need to delete or keep the system reserved part though? Can anyone advise me on that?

Btw thw GTX 6XX series is awesome with a hackintosh.

Works nativley. OS X recognized everything about my 680.

Ok sorry about that, wasn't aware of that. I'll try the Windows 7 set-up tomorrow.

They'll both be on the same drive, I don't quite understand if I need to delete or keep the system reserved part though? Can anyone advise me on that?

If the windows installation failed you can remove system reserved.

BTW if you want the real Mac experience enable 1080p booting on MB.

Ask me if you need more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back