Contribute
Register

Giving up... How to be Windows 7 back on?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try one setting at a time in Multibeast. selecting all of them at once is going to give you problems.

also, using settings for a z77 board on your older H61 boards will give issues.

try searching for same board as you have for best results.

Selecting one thing at a time does the same thing... I've tried the install quite a few times without all those things and with them etc. I thought I'd follow the thread I found because he had a similar board and more importantly was running an i5 2500k. This is why I gave up really, because I couldn't get any further than this.

I'll search to see if someone has the same board as me and what they have done. Meanwhile, I'm open to suggestions.

Selecting one thing at a time does the same thing... I've tried the install quite a few times without all those things and with them etc.

Which option failed? You say you tried them all? it seems you had it working somewhat? You just need to fine tune it sounds like.

I thought I'd follow the thread I found because he had a similar board and more importantly was running an i5 2500k. This is why I gave up really, because I couldn't get any further than this.

The most important thing is the motherboard. Each motherboard is different. That's why everyone makes so many different models. It's all the different chips on the motherboard. Do you habe a link to an old thread where you got help with the multibeast before?

I'll search to see if someone has the same board as me and what they have done. Meanwhile, I'm open to suggestions.

How does your initial install go? Do you have internet access? if so, run Multibeast (5.2.1 is latest version) and the DSDT for you board that matches your BIOS and nothing else. what do you get. Make sure you boot with the -v flag and take a screen shot of any errors or lockups.

I glanced over some of your other threads.

Make sure UniBeast USB stick is installed in USB 2.0 ports. I was getting that USB error when I was using 3.0 ports (Blue Ones). Make sure you are using your back rear ports only. Unplug all of your devices not essential for installation only (Keep only keyboard, mouse, Unibeast).

Also, check your motherboard revision. There are a few versions of your motherboard available.

I seen a thread you were looking for a video card. Did you purchase one? which one did you finally decide on, if so? You P-State errors report a Multimedia error just below it and when I got this error for multimedia, it was my video card. I booted with PCIRootUID=1 and it booted fine.

That's all I remember at the moment.

Luck
-=Mark=-

No video card yet, just the onboard HD3000 so I didn't select anything for graphics in Multibeast yet, I wanted to get my system working before I forked out for a card that I can't use. I have to install Mountain Lion in Safemode and as a result I end up only being able to boot in safemode.

I'll do a fresh installation later and only load the UserDSDT from the database and let you guys know exactly what comes up in -v, thanks guys much appriciated :)

Ok here it is!

1) Fresh install through -x, all I've installed is my DSDT.aml using Multibeast 5.1.2.
2) Restarted after this to see if it would work in normal mode, came up with stop sign on the top of the apple logo
3) Restarted using -v and all looked like it went through ok, nothing stood out to me just 'Still waiting for root device' (See attached)

IMG_3121.jpg

Hardware spec & config
Just for a remind

- Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3 Bios F11
- Intel i5 2500k Sandybridge
- 8GB 1600mhz RAM
- Onboard HD3000 for now
- Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Suggestions to fix 'Still waiting for root device'?
Does this look like a valid fix or should I try something else? http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/09/2...-for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion

You may as well try it. It looks like it has worked for some similar systems and the commands back up the original, so you can always undo the changes.

I'd first try to get it to install in non-safe mode. What do you get if you run unibeast with the -v command only?

You can try it like Tecnifighter suggests.

-=Mark=-

I checked my 'Unibeast drive' in -v mode to see why I could only boot in safemode and it says BootCacheControl unable to open 'directory' no such file. Is this due to me using a VGA? Should I try GraphicsEnabler=No?

If you also look in my later screenshots (Once Mountain Lion is actually installed on my computer from safe) it is saying the same thing - 'BootCacheControl unable to open 'directory' no such file'. Is this why my system isn't booting properly there? Anyone got a suggestion?

Not getting 'Still waiting for root device' now though after trying the below fix
cd/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv IOAHCIBlockStorage IOAHCIBlockStorage.origsudo cp IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig IOAHCIBlockStoragesudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xeb\x03|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xe8\x01|g' IOAHCIBlockStoragesudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\x72\x92\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStoragesudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
Source: http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/09/2...-for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion

Instead I'm now getting the 'P-state error', someone on my previous thread suggested for me to try a custom SSDT? Someone suggest the information on this post may
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/1074-power-management-and-sandy-bridge.html

Screenshot of error, note it also says BootCacheControl unable to open 'directory' no such file'as per my reference earlier.

Attachments

• IMG_3125.jpg
    IMG_3125.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back