Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 15"
CPU
I7 8550U
Graphics
UHD620 + MX150
Hi,

I'm trying to install a hackintosh on my desktop.

My spec:
- GA-Z77-D3H rev1.0
- I7 3770K
- iGPU : HD4000

In the BIOS :
integrated graphics : true
integrated graphics memory size : 64M
Screen is on HDMI

I successfully installed High Sierra and I decided to go to Catalina.
The update went through the whole process, but I can't boot anymore. After booting in verbose, it stayed stuck on the apple logo with a progress bar (~90%). But before switching to the Apple logo, I could see the error :

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

I tried different values for ig-platform-id and intelGFX fakeid (currently I am with 0x01620005) but it doesn't help.
I also removed WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts from the kext folder and nothing changed. Actually I don't know if theses kexts are needed with my config or not.
Now, the boot get stuck at the IOConsoleUsers error and I couldn't managed to make the apple logo show up again.

What can I do to fix this error ? Thank you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

What can I do to fix this error ?
It's not an error but part of every boot sequence although it should progress beyond that point.
Sticking there usually indicates a graphics configuration issue.

Your Clover version looks too old to boot Catalina.

I understand the rules but my main hackintosh is my laptop and is already specified on my profile, should I change it for my desktop configuration temporarly ?

Like you said, I was using the last release of Rehabman's clover.
After your answer, I updated my clover version to the last one (5122) and now it seems to get stuck at the begining of the boot, at the ++++++++ line

I will look for a fix tomorrow, thank you for your help

I understand the rules but my main hackintosh is my laptop and is already specified on my profile, should I change it for my desktop configuration temporarly ?

For clarity the system that you are asking for help for should be in your profile.
If you have other systems you should create a build signature.
See mine for an example.

it seems to get stuck at the begining of the boot, at the ++++++++ line

Sticking at the row of plus signs usually indicates a missing/duplicate/incorrect Clover memory fix driver.

After updating clover and using the right kexts (that I forgot to put back in the kext folder), I managed to boot to catalina !
Thank you a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back