Motherboard
Gigabyte H310M - A
CPU
i5 - 8500
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi when booting from my Mojave install us in verbose mode it runs and shows the code, after about a minute it stops at
IOConsoleUsers gIOScreenLockState 3 before the screen going black andmonitor shows no signal.

Hi when booting from my Mojave install us in verbose mode it runs and shows the code, after about a minute it stops at
IOConsoleUsers gIOScreenLockState 3 before the screen going black andmonitor shows no signal.
  • Need the CLOVER from Macos Mojave USB Installer USB Disk as Zipped file (For Bulleted steps and Image ->#4)
  • BIOS _Peripherals_Initial Display and BIOS _Chipset screen uploaded [ To Capture BIOS Image on EFI Partition (FAT32) of USB Installer, Boot with USB Installer and go to BIOS> while viewing the image to capture, Press F-12 key and wait to get screen prompt "OK" to press ENTER to Save image as BMP . You can view the image from EFI Partition when you follow the steps above for Mounting EFI in #4. Open the images in Preview and click File> Export... > Rename the file as Peripherals| Chipset instead of those default numbers and convert Format from BMP to PNG or JPG before saving to Desktop and upload to Forum.]

You have a DisplayPort and HDMI port on that motherboard. Does the screen go black when connecting via DisplayPort or only with HDMI?

• Need the CLOVER from Macos Mojave USB Installer USB Disk as Zipped file (For Bulleted steps and Image ->#4)
  • BIOS _Peripherals_Initial Display and BIOS _Chipset screen uploaded [ To Capture BIOS Image on EFI Partition (FAT32) of USB Installer, Boot with USB Installer and go to BIOS> while viewing the image to capture, Press F-12 key and wait to get screen prompt "OK" to press ENTER to Save image as BMP . You can view the image from EFI Partition when you follow the steps above for Mounting EFI in #4. Open the images in Preview and click File> Export... > Rename the file as Peripherals| Chipset instead of those default numbers and convert Format from BMP to PNG or JPG before saving to Desktop and upload to Forum.]

Files attached

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
  • Chipset.jpg
    Chipset.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 191
  • Peripherals.jpg
    Peripherals.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 246
You have a DisplayPort and HDMI port on that motherboard. Does the screen go black when connecting via DisplayPort or only with HDMI?

Using HDMI, I don't have a DP monitor to be able to test it so not quite sure

Using HDMI, I don't have a DP monitor to be able to test it so not quite sure
This sounds like the Black Screen problem with HDMI. There's a guide here that explains why the problem occurs and what you can do to fix it:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/#Compilation

But with only HDMI, the procedure will be tricky. You could try one of the pre-built framebuffer patches listed at the end of the post.

If all fails, just reply in that thread and we'll help you there.

This sounds like the Black Screen problem with HDMI. There's a guide here that explains why the problem occurs and what you can do to fix it:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/#Compilation

But with only HDMI, the procedure will be tricky. You could try one of the pre-built framebuffer patches listed at the end of the post.

Will go and have a look and try my luck there

CaseySJ,
Did you check his uploaded BIOS shots and CLOVER before suggesting the changes?

Did you notice he has only Intel HD 630 and no add on PCIE card but his BIOS Choice is PCIE?
Did you notice he has problems in his CLOVER?

I cannot diagnose a Problem of Graphics Port selected from the evidences provided as the cause of boot freeze.
I believe the first step is to edit BIOS Peripherals options and CLOVER/ Folders and config.plist to boot the USB Installer disk using IGFX as Initial Display using any digital port .

Any other consideration must only be after this first step.

The current BIOS choices in Peripherals and Chipsets are mutually CONTRADICTORY

Attachments

• 1.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    1.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    514.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 2.BIOS_Chipset.png
    2.BIOS_Chipset.png
    531.2 KB · Views: 249
CaseySJ,
Did you check his uploaded BIOS shots and CLOVER before suggesting the changes?

Did you notice he has only Intel HD 630 and no add on PCIE card but his BIOS Choice is PCIE?
Did you notice he has problems in his CLOVER?

I cannot diagnose a Problem of Graphics Port selected from the evidences provided as the cause of boot freeze.
I believe the first step is to edit BIOS Peripherals options and CLOVER/ Folders and config.plist to boot the USB Installer disk using IGFX as Initial Display using any digital port .

Any other consideration must only be after this first step.

The current BIOS choices in Peripherals and Chipsets are mutually CONTRADICTORY

Thanks cmn699 for the information

Have changed the settings in the BIOS
What would need to be changed in the clover folder and config.plist to be able to boot with IGFX?

@cmn699 You are absolutely right. Your suggestion to collect background information is the right way to proceed. From the description of the problem in post 1, it seems that HDMI output works in BIOS and Clover. Verbose messages are also displayed until gIOScreenLockState is reached. This is the point at which MacOS initializes the video driver. Because the driver assumes all ports are DP, it switches the HDMI signal to DP signal, thus causing screen blackout. The BIOS settings (IGFX=auto and Initial Display Output=PCIe Slot 1) are okay. BIOS will enable the iGPU when there's an active connection.

@MattHer2000 In order to boot without losing the HDMI signal, try the attached config.plist. You'll have to rename it, of course, and you'll have to copy it to the CLOVER folder on the EFI Partition of your Mojave SSD. To do that you'll need to boot from the USB Install Disk to avoid the HDMI black screen.

NOTE: The Framebuffer settings in this file are based on the Gigabyte H370M-DS3H so there's strong chance you'll still have HDMI problem. If so, I'll give you 2 other versions. If HDMI still fails, then we'll have to take the long way home.

Attachments

• config-v2.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back