Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I am having issues with the ethernet of my Gigabyte motherboard, it has two ethernet ports one intel, one Atheros :

Intel[SUP]®[/SUP] GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)(LAN1)
Atheros[SUP]®[/SUP] GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)(LAN2)

I tried the AppleIntelE1000 kext but it doesn't work, plus ALXEthernet and AppleRTL8169Ethernet doesn't work.
On the ethernet port I can see 2 lights one is turning on and off about twice every second.

I also tried the second port but I have no lights nor results.

Could someone enlighten me a little bit on this subject.

Everything is stock, I haven't changed the wifi and I am not using it.

And also on the network menu I only have a bluetooth PAN and a built-in port (with phone logo).
But no ethernet.

1. For the Intel i217V read the instructions here, and download kext here.
  2. For the Atheros 8161B read the instructions here, and download kext here.

I've found for my H87N-Wifi that this intel driver is the most stable and best kext to use: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/
Hi, thank you very much, I think that will work if I manage to get it installed xD

Well these are the steps :
Installation

1. Goto /S/L/E and delete AppleIntelE1000e.kext. //It isn't there, there is nothing so I skip
  2. Recreate the kernel cache. //No need as I didn't change anything
  3. Open System Preferences and delete the corresponding network interface, e. g. en0. //I deleted the only two things : Built-in port (phone logo) and bluetooth PAN.
  4. Reboot. //I don't need that, I didn't do something that requires a reboot
  5. Install the new driver and recreate the kernel cache. I recommend to use Kext Wizard or a similar utility for the installation. // I used kext wizard to install kexts then I generate kernel cache.
  6. Reboot
  7. Open System Preferences again, select Network and check if the new network interface has been created automatically or create it manually now. //There is nothing there, and when I press +, there is only 2 options, bluetooth and builtin serial port.
  8. Configure the interface.//there is nothing that I can configure.
I am having trouble with the installation, did I do some mistakes ?
It just doesn't work.

1. For the Intel i217V read the instructions here, and download kext here.
  2. For the Atheros 8161B read the instructions here, and download kext here.
To install it I use kext wizard to install then create cache, then after deleting everything in network, I reboot but nothing is different.
I am seriously having trouble.installing it , could you help me a little bit ?
Thank you

Are both ethernet ports enabled in the BIOS?

In BIOS press F2, go to Peripherals and check that
  • PCH LAN Controller is enabled (Intel i217V)
  • Onboard LAN Controller is enabled (Atheros 8161B)

Do you have any ethernet kexts injected through Clover?

• Use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition.
  • Use finder and check EFI>EFI>CLOVER>kexts>10.10
  • Delete any AppleIntelE1000.kext, ALXEthernet.kext and AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

You can install the ethernet kexts in S/L/E, or inject them by copying them to EFI>EFI>CLOVER>kexts>10.10, NOT both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back