Contribute
Register

gigabyte z97-hd3, tips how to fix random freezes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gbyte z97 hd3
CPU
i5 3.9 4690
Graphics
on board 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've read all throughout the forums about the random freezes that come along with this mobo, but unfortunately I read this after I purchased it for 80 bucks, thinking it was a bargain..:beachball:

I've been running yosemite 10.10.3 on this mother for a couple of weeks now, have 16gb of corsair ram.. was averaging 1 or 2 random freezes a day. I tried everything, switched memory profiles, turning on and off turbo boost. Switched browsers... from chrome to safari to firefox... and the random freezes persisted... A couple of days ago, while shutting down skype another random freeze happened, and when I restarted, I decided to leave it off, ever since skype has been inactive and turned off, the random freezes have stopped.

I know a lot of people say to use the memory profile on stability settings and on profile 01... I've tried it all and the do not use skype trick is the only solution that worked for me.

If anyone else has any tips on using this z97 hd3 mobo please ring in.

thanks

I've read a lot of threads from people withe the same z97 chipset. I have an ASUS Z97-A and the same freezing problems (with RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite DIMM 4GB 1.50V, DDR3-1866, CL9-9-9-27 (BLE4G3D1869DE1TX0CEU).

What I've read is that some Gigabyte-Mobo-owners played with their RAM-settings and improved stability (BCLK to 99.90, and RAM Voltage +0.1V).

From ASUS owners I've read that only exchanging the RAM solved the problem. RAM from "Crucial" seems to be a problem, G.Skill seems to work always better.

Let us know if you find a solution...maybe you have the possibility to test another RAM brand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back