Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z87X UD5 TH Thunderbolt not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wifi card works very well - I didn't bother with BT though because I already had a little USB adapter working. Check out Kangaroos post for how to. His is a few posts down.

@kangaroos - what memory sticks did you end up going with?

I did a little experimenting. It appears that the kext that causes the slow boot is AppleThunderboltNHI.Kext. Booting was back to normal speed with just that one removed.

Hi all,
somebody can help me?
I have the same configuration/ GA-Z87X-UD5 TH + I74770K+32Gb Corsaire.
i used MB 5.5.5

I didn't see a golden build on tonymacsite.

My system freeze sometimes and more with After effects 6.
I don't care for the moment about Tunderbolt. i just want a hack stable.

thanks so much to your help

Hi all,
somebody can help me?
i used MB 5.5.5

Hello, the problem don't come from system but from hardware. With 4 memory sticks it is only stable with some 4 memory sticks kit.

I have actually the same problem, i have buy 4 individual sticks and i can't put more 2 sticks (actually 16Gb in 2 sticks, no more without crash). I will need to sold my 4 sticks to buy a 4 sticks kit. Look for QVL on gigabyte site.

Anyway actually my hack is very stable, few day uptime.

I use Clover rev 2377 (but work too with chameleon). Please find attached my clover EFI configuration and modified kext for the system. Only thunderbolt don't work for the moment.

I use maximum clover for have vanilla system. Clover inject audio, trim, disable ECC memory kext, have kext for network and bluetooth firmware. Change to make in system : AppleHDA inject definition (but no need enabler or anything else, clover make all the work), IO80211Family change ID, IOBluetooth, change id.

I want in futur have vanilla IO80211Family and IOBluetooth with FakeID clover fonction but actually don't know how use it. My goal is have the less of modification in my system (only 3 for the moment).

I run actually Mavericks 10.9.1, BIOS/UEFI configuration is as for everybody using UD5H or other gigabyte.

I will make tuto but no time with christmas, have a lot of work.

PS : if you use my file please change SMBIOS board serial number and serial number in config.plist because if not i will have problem with iMessage.

Attachments

• Z87X-UD5TH-EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 157
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    841 KB · Views: 130
  • IO80211Family.kext.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 131
  • IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip
    2 MB · Views: 126
Hey thank you to help me kangaroos!
I Will try your advices. .

But I have maybe find a solution to use 32Gb.
After test, it seems stable if you keep (by default) 1333mhz ramspeed in the bios. Each time I use 1600mhz or Profile 1, The freez apeares. My seller confirm there is, for the moment, a compatibility issue between the ram and processor.

You will notice it, in the bios by default the ramspeed is detect at 1333mhz and not at 1600mhz.

Happy christmas! :)

Sam

My wifi card works very well - I didn't bother with BT though because I already had a little USB adapter working. Check out Kangaroos post for how to. His is a few posts down.

@kangaroos - what memory sticks did you end up going with?

I think buy G Skill Trident X F3-2400C10Q-32GTX, this kit is the most high speed in the QVL provided by Gigabyte. I will tell you if it's work.

Hey thank you to help me kangaroos!
I Will try your advices. .

But I have maybe find a solution to use 32Gb.
After test, it seems stable if you keep (by default) 1333mhz ramspeed in the bios. Each time I use 1600mhz or Profile 1, The freez apeares. My seller confirm there is, for the moment, a compatibility issue between the ram and processor.

You will notice it, in the bios by default the ramspeed is detect at 1333mhz and not at 1600mhz.

Happy christmas! :)

Sam

Yes at 1333mhz it should work because speed is low and not a quick latency but for video editing there is a lot of memory exchange and with a low speed we will have more long time of edition.

Hi all,
i used MB 5.5.5

@samtimbaud
I'm about to purchase similar hardware: i7 4770K, GA-Z87X-UD5-TH, MSI GTX 770 4GB , Corsair Vengeance 32 GB 1600, but need to have a stable Mac for Premiere/ After effects. I Don't want a freeze

I don't understand, that some people (with the same hardware) have issues while others don't .

Is this fixed now ?
Does your thunderbolt work?
I also still didn't see it in the goldenbuild, but the parts are all on the buyers list.

If I just follow this guide, it should work right?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibea...-based-pc.html
If not can you direct me to the exact right tutorial so a 'noob' like me can do it?

hi thanks you for this amazing thread
i have managed to get the thunderbolt screen working with the windows workaround ! Yayyy..

" installed windows 7 on separate drive then rebooting into mac all works " deleted windows drive still all works great

i am using the thunderbolt port with an apple 27" ThunderBolt Display works great !!

one thing i cant seem to get the firewire 800 and usb and thunderbolt ports to work on the screen
is there something in the Bios settings i need to configure to get those ports working ?

thanks!
best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back