Graphics
MSI Nvidia GeForce 560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My motherboard comes with 2 ethernet ports, but only one of them is picked up by OSX. When I connect a cable to one of the ports it is picked up fine, but when I connect to another one nothing happens. In network preferences only one port is picked up. I don't really do anything with networking, so I'm probably missing something fairly obvious. I have hnak's intel driver installed.

I have the same board. One is the Intel (I assume the one that is working for you) and the other is Atheros on PCI-E. I am a noob, but I assume the Atheros may need a driver to work in OSX, but the Hnak option in Multi-beast I believe allows the Intel Ethernet to work.

I am curious-- are you running only OSX or dual/multi-booting as well?

I have had no problems with the Intel connection in OSX but lots of disconnecting in Windows 8, which has me wanting to switch to the other.

I have a dual boot setup with windows 8 so I went to Device Manager and saw that there was an Atheros network device. I installed the driver in multibeast then rebooted, it got picked up just fine. Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it, good on ya!]

thanks for reporting back

Has any one gotten the dual ether net to work as a bonded pair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back