Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to install OS X Mavericks on my Z77X-UD5H-based system (other specs as noted to the side), and I haven't been able to make it boot without the -x flag. This is a clean install (once I get this working, I plan to go back and upgrade a previous installation of Mountain Lion, but first things first). I've tried the following configs in MultiBeast:
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 4.37.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 4.37.58 PM.jpg

Here are two photos of the screen when attempting to boot using -v, with the photos taken at the point where log messages stop scrolling:
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg

I've tried disabling VT-d in the BIOS, and I've also tried using the GraphicsEnabler=yes flag, based on suggestions from other threads that seem similar, but no joy. What should I try next?

I have this exact same problem, it relates to the graphics card not having supported drivers I think. That is the next thing that loads after bluetooth error message

I have an nvidia GTX 550 ti and i've been trying to get it to work but think i'll have to upgrade to the 760 on black friday to get this thing working again.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the on-board graphics, at least for know, and they have worked in the past with Mountain Lion (though they stopped for reasons I was never able to figure out). But if that's the next thing to load, that at least gives an indication of where the problem might be.

In case it matters, I've also reset the BIOS to "optimized" defaults, made sure SATA mode is set to AHCI, and checked again that VT-d is disabled. It boots fine with the -x flag, but I haven't yet been able to make it boot without that flag.

Any other ideas? Or places to start looking?

I'm still flailing with my build as well. Hoping that something can work with my existing card, otherwise i'll probably end up with the GTX 760 to get this to work correctly

I have needed the AppleACPIPlatform rollback to get around safe mode since I can remember on my Z77. The Z77 instructions always seem to indicate this is not needed?

edit: It turns out that I have always needed ACPI rollback because I wanted to keep VT-d enabled for VMware. But with the latest MB they replaced the ACPI rollback with a newer one, and the newer one won't work with VT-d. So apparently I won't be using VT-d anymore. And so far VMware has not been complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back