R9-290X
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I recently got my hands on this board, and have followed guides, but I have not been able to get 10.8.2 up and running. I've sunk hours into this, and really have no idea what the problem could be. 10.8.0 runs great, but as soon as attempting 10.8.2, the system will no longer boot.

I've tried running a 10.8.2 UniBeast fresh installation, a MAS update, as well as the combo update, all from 10.8.0. All of them have resulted in a non-booting, forever spinning Apple logo boot screen. When booting -v, I get various times when it stops. A lot of these are lines that I haven't seen before, such as "athr: unknown locale: 21"

What really gets me is that I can boot with -x without problems. It boots right up! Even though I've used MultiBeast and done the non-DSDT install, the system refuses to boot. I've also tried PCIRootUID=0, -f, -v, UseKernelCache=No, etc. I've tried just about everything under the sun. I even updated to the F14 UEFI BIOS with no avail.

What could be the problem? Other people have this board and haven't had these issues. The board is being used with a 3770 (non K) CPU.

I'm using the same MOBO doing a fresh install on 10.8.2 with Unibeast. I could reboot into ML with -x and run multibeast. but every time i restarted i needed to run with -x or something else and it was weird cuz the bootflags i used to start up seemed different every time. Multibeast 5.1.2 has been released since then so i wiped and reinstalled 10.8.2. I have yet to find a working configuration, but i'll let you know if i get something that works with this new version of multibeast.

Hey guys,

I recently got my hands on this board, and have followed guides, but I have not been able to get 10.8.2 up and running. I've sunk hours into this, and really have no idea what the problem could be. 10.8.0 runs great, but as soon as attempting 10.8.2, the system will no longer boot.

I've tried running a 10.8.2 UniBeast fresh installation, a MAS update, as well as the combo update, all from 10.8.0. All of them have resulted in a non-booting, forever spinning Apple logo boot screen. When booting -v, I get various times when it stops. A lot of these are lines that I haven't seen before, such as "athr: unknown locale: 21"

What really gets me is that I can boot with -x without problems. It boots right up! Even though I've used MultiBeast and done the non-DSDT install, the system refuses to boot. I've also tried PCIRootUID=0, -f, -v, UseKernelCache=No, etc. I've tried just about everything under the sun. I even updated to the F14 UEFI BIOS with no avail.

What could be the problem? Other people have this board and haven't had these issues. The board is being used with a 3770 (non K) CPU.

Have you got Fakesmc plugins installed? If so have you deleted the Oemsmbios.kext?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/209-os-x-10-8-2-update/comments22.html

You are using the non k version of Intels ivy bridge socket 1155 processors by doing that u have to disable vt-d in bios. It should boot correctly then. Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back