Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z77n-wifi mavericks installation issues (not able to load system without -x option)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77N-wifi
CPU
i5-3450
Graphics
GT640
(SOLVED) Gigabyte z77n-wifi mavericks installation issues (not able to load system without -x option)

Hi everybody,

Yesterday, I decided, to upgrade my hackintosh, from Moutain Lion to Mavericks.
However, since i did that, I can't load the system partition without -x parameters on chimera bootloader. Without -x, the system "stuck on the apple" before users authentification screen.

Now, after a lot of tips I have tried, I really don't know what to do and I really appreciate some help, if someone has another ideas.

I precise, that I have a configuration with only a graphic chipset onboard, an Intel Ivy Bridge Processeur Core i5-3450 / 3.10 GHz 4 coeurs Socket-LGA1155 (a bitfenix prodigy case and a sata drive)

First of all, this is the list of the actions that I made :

* Both try upgrade installation, then clean installation with Macintosh HD partition format before.
* Bios configuration (bios version F2) :
> load optimised configuration then
> Bios Features :
Intel virtualisation technlogy disabled (I try also enabled).
I don't have VD-t option in the bios, so I can't change it
> Peripherical : EHCI & XHCI Hand off to "enabled", init display first : "IGFX" (I try also "auto")
> power management : AC Back "always on", high precision event timer "enabled"

* Multibeast 6 (multibeast configuration file is in attachment) :
> try both user dsdt (with dsdt including two jpalm.repo for "graphics" and "gigabyte") and user dsdt free
> Driver audio realtek with ALC892
> Bootloader chimera
> power management laptop
> system def mac mini 6,2
> I try also with GraphicsEnabler to 'No' and IGPEnabler to 'Yes' on plist file

* bootloader
I try dart0, without success

If I load my system in the booloader with -v parameter, I can read some errors :
"
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.play: 2 No such file or directory
Previous Shutdown Cause: 5
SMC: : smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL -fall back
".

(On attachments the exacts errors)

:crazy:

It is really weird because the same configuration has managed correctly mountain lion and I see on the forum, that a lot of users, with the same motherboard and processor, managing mavericks like a charm.

Thanks for reading me.
Regards.

Attachments

• IMG213.jpg
    IMG213.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 143
  • mb-mav.mb
    4.7 KB · Views: 140
Is the Vt-D option disabled?

Hello m0001,

Thanks for your reply.
I precised in my post that I don't have this option in my bios features, so I try the equivalent (in my mind) "dart=0" in bootloader option. Without success :-/

Hello everyone,

finally after much research, I discovered that my hardware was not correct.

In fact, I thought having a HD4000 graphics chipset, because I had a Gigabyte motherboard z77n-wifi, however, I bought a processor that supports only HD2500 :-/ But it is not recommended use a HD2500 for a hackintosh configuration. Moreover, as I have thought a HD4000, I install the wrong DSDT for my system :-/

So I bought a few days ago, a low-end graphics card, a Geforce GT640 gigabyte, review my DSDT configuration and installation of maverick completed successfully without ever I bare to use the - x in bootloader.

So this post is now closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back