Graphics
nvidia gtx 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I upgrade from 10.9.5 where I had all usb working normally to only half of my ports working. Not a single of my USB 3 ports will work, only when I disable the xCHI mode. Tried GenericUSB thingy in Multibeast, no go.

Mobo: gigabyte z77-ds3h
Processor: i5-3570
gfx= NVIDIA gtx 650

anyone?

Same here, ASRock Z77 Extreme6.

Disabling XHCI makes all ports work in USB 2.0 mode, but then it freezes after 5-10 minutes. Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5

I knew it made them all work as usb 2 but I've never had problem with freezing. Everyone seems to say it should work OOB but that has not been my experience this time...

OOB meaning out of box? I deleted GenericUSBXHCI.kext and it seems that at least USB 2.0 is working (I only have one USB 3.0 device, an external HDD, and I have no idea how to test if it's in 3.0 mode, only copying huge files and looking at speeds comes to mind), but now onboard sound stopped working

I deleted GenericUSB and I have now have usb 3 working, but now they only read USB 3 items. They used to read both USB 3 and 2... i've got the xHCI set to auto...but to no avail.

Having issues with USB 3 too. Same board as you mention. I've found the ones at the back are working but the front ones i.e. the ones connected on a wire internally dont work, yet did fine in Mavericks. Also having lock ups in finder accessing Thumb drives and external Hard drives.

Having issues with USB 3 too. Same board as you mention. I've found the ones at the back are working but the front ones i.e. the ones connected on a wire internally dont work, yet did fine in Mavericks. Also having lock ups in finder accessing Thumb drives and external Hard drives.

I'm also having problems with FCP X crashing constantly. :( I should not have upgraded haha. I'm too stubborn to downgrade though. I PREFER SOLUTIONS!

But I really need to have my USB 3 ports able to read USB 2 stuff. This is an audio/video production hackintosh therefore I need every USB port I can get

Got really sick of the unresponsive apps last night. Id be using finder then it would lock up I'd force quit then every time i tried to relaunch it it wouldn't work. Also other apps would have issues. Id open iTunes if it became unresponsive then no other apps would open ones already open like safari after so long would freeze up and again not reopen.

I've reinstalled Yosemite today and I'm going to try it out without any 3rd party apps on or any external drives through USB, as I have a sneaky feeling its the USB devices that are locking everything up.

I'm also having problems with FCP X crashing constantly. :( I should not have upgraded haha. I'm too stubborn to downgrade though. I PREFER SOLUTIONS!

But I really need to have my USB 3 ports able to read USB 2 stuff. This is an audio/video production hackintosh therefore I need every USB port I can get

Try this :

Remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext if you have one in /System/Library/Extensions

Copy Rehabman's GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your desktop. Download

If you don't have it already, download KextBeast from Here.
Run KextBeast.

Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back