i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630 ??
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was looking on gigabyte website as noticed they updated the bios to F8. And removed all older versions of the bios files eg F3 and F6.

Has any one used F8 and got everything running ok any issues ect - What is the changes in F8 compaired to the earlier versions

I still have copy of F6 and F3. Running F3 at the moment, if F8 is ok can you still downgrade it as some bios after a while wont let you ect??

thanks

I was looking on gigabyte website as noticed they updated the bios to F8. And removed all older versions of the bios files eg F3 and F6.

Has any one used F8 and got everything running ok any issues ect - What is the changes in F8 compaired to the earlier versions

I still have copy of F6 and F3. Running F3 at the moment, if F8 is ok can you still downgrade it as some bios after a while wont let you ect??

thanks

F8 works great for me, I kept a backup F6 just in case. Never tried going back though.

F8 wasn't working for me. After sleep camputer won't wake anymore. At first time I've panicked as it was 100% unresponsive, power on button wasn't working, reset button also. I needed to power off and take out battery from mother board for 10 minutes to reset everything in UEFI. When I investigated problem I've found out that triple push in power button was semi-waking PC; the fans were starting but nothing more was happening. Then I was able to force shutdown with 10s power button push. In addition to that my cinebench score was lower then on F6.

The fix was quick. I've copied F6 UEFI from other board (I have 2 identical builds Z77-DS3H + 3770k) and downgraded. It worked.
Later I'll try going to sleep from windows on F8 to see if it's pure UEFI related or it is something wrong with OS X.

Thanks for your tip but I don't think it will help. I don't have problems with going to sleep. The problem is with waking up. But if you don't have such problems it's worth checking this piece of soft. Will do that after weekend.

Cheers

Just got bios upgraded on the Z77-DS3h Ver 1.0 from B6 to B9 and sleep and shut down finally work properly. Did some searching on the net and made a bootable memory stick.
downloaded
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197
then downlaoded windows 98 boot files
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=196

Ran the USB program made it FAT32 and checked Create a DOS startup disk then click on using DOS System files located at:
(point to where you extracted the windows98zip files.)

download the EFIFLASH.exe file and associated bios (for me it was z77ds3h.f9)

drag them along with the autoexec.bat into the usb, and adjust your computer to boot off the usb, and it will run on its own.

It will reboot and then you have to just reconfigure your bios to boot back off your SSD or what ever set up your settings again then your done.

@circle2land
Or you just update using the @BIOS program from GIGABYTE to simply update the bios without making the dos drive.

Oh jeez its been a long time since I have checked back, I cant remember what I was doing. I hosed my system by not upgrading properly so i am rebuilding on a new hard drive to attempt to get my files from the old SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back