Register

Gigabyte Z690I Aorus Ultra Plus DDR5 support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative!
Do you see any sign of the WiFi card in IORegistryExplorer? If not, then:
  • Card may not be seated properly in M.2 slot
  • Card may be defective (WiFi circuit)
  • If you still have the ability to return and replace the card, it might be worth considering
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 10.40.36 AM.png

Wi
  • If you still have the ability to return and replace the card, it might be worth considering
View attachment 552516
Will check again once I’m at it! Was previously working fine in the previous build

Just wondering, what’s the best chip out there right now amongst OOB ones? Looking to get out of this card.. it’s been through 2 years of hackintoshing with me and it’s kinda sluggish imo

Additionally, how do we fix sleep/wake?

Wi

Will check again once I’m at it! Was previously working fine in the previous build

Just wondering, what’s the best chip out there right now amongst OOB ones? Looking to get out of this card.. it’s been through 2 years of hackintoshing with me and it’s kinda sluggish imo
On a mini-ITX system, the Fenvi BCM94360NG is still the only choice. It's available from NewEgg:
https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-bcm94360ng-pcie-half-mini-card-m-2/p/0XM-00JK-00083
Look for this:

Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 11.02.38 AM.png

Additionally, how do we fix sleep/wake?
By far the most common causes are:
  • Incorrect USB port map (internal ports not set to 255, Type C ports not set to 9, Type A ports not set properly to either 0 [black ports] or 3 [any other color but black]).
  • Certain USB devices such as Corsair Commander and some Corsair smart power supplies. Always good to disconnect all USB devices except wired keyboard/mouse or non-Bluetooth wireless keyboard/mouse.
  • Broken ACPI table that requires an ACPI patch, such as this one on Gigabyte Z690 Aero G:
Screenshot 2022-08-03 at 11.08.47 AM.png

Beyond this, please refer to post below:
I prefer not to get involved in sleep/wake issues.

View attachment 552516
Screenshot 2022-08-04 at 1.16.13 PM.png

Just an update to everyone here, I've fixed nearly everything (Less Wake/Sleep to test, and WLAN - Hopefully due to faulty hardware)

Once again, a Build will be posted after these are addressed or abandoned

@Nicoras - Glad you made it to this point with your Z690I. Hope you get it 100% working soon. Here are some thoughts I posted before on a question about replacing the Intel wifi/bt card with BCM94360NG.

"it's not only the Intel AC 9560 wifi CRF card that's controlling internet throughput, but also the CNVi integrated processor that is inextricably linked to the AC 9560 wifi CRF card, and it WILL NOT be compatible with any other wifi card other than the AC 9560"

You can try your bcm card in a laptop (if you have one for test) just to be sure if it's faulty. I have Dell Latitude 7490 (laptop) and HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (desktop) using BCM94360NG and it works perfectly under Monterey 12.5.1 without using any kexts or whatsoever. I use these card since Mojave and never had any problems.

Hello @Bogito

What you stated above is true for Z390 and Z490, but on Z590 and Z690 we can definitely replace the on-board Intel WiFi/BT module with a BCM94360NG.

Never tried Z590 or Z690. Thanks for the clarification! Is there any progress @Nicoras ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back