Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690I Aorus Ultra Plus DDR5 support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used your EFI folder to boot the Monterey installer on my system, and it also failed. Then I changed the USB configuration and it worked.

Please try the attached config.plist as-is (no changes). This will enable all USB 2.0 ports and none of the USB 3.0 ports, which is okay. Your USB 3.0 flash drive will operate at USB 2.0 speeds.

Once installation is complete, it will be absolutely necessary to create a USB port map.

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.2 KB · Views: 31
I used your EFI folder to boot the Monterey installer on my system, and it also failed. Then I changed the USB configuration and it worked.

Please try the attached config.plist as-is (no changes). This will enable all USB 2.0 ports and none of the USB 3.0 ports, which is okay. Your USB 3.0 flash drive will operate at USB 2.0 speeds.

Once installation is complete, it will be absolutely necessary to create a USB port map.
I had everything plugged out, less keyboard and USB.

The two black USB ports are the only ones used. I booted with 2 variations, with each of the keyboard and USB plugged in both ports in separate attempts. To no avail, same issue!

Perhaps we should try BIOS F2b?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 22.47.19.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 22.47.19.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 18
Also try a different USB 3.0 flash disk that is 32GB or 64GB in size.

And finally, see if someone has created a working EFI folder for the Gigabyte Z690i AORUS Ultra Plus.

Because the EFI folder works on my system (albeit Asus Z690-i Mini-ITX), I'm unable to provide further assistance without having a Gigabyte Z690i board myself.

Last edited:
Also try a different USB 3.0 flash disk that is 32GB or 64GB in size.

And finally, see if someone has created a working EFI folder for the Gigabyte Z690i AORUS Ultra Plus.

Because the EFI folder works on my system (albeit Asus Z690-i Mini-ITX), I'm unable to provide further assistance without having a Gigabyte Z690i board myself.
F2b works!

Was in F20a and started with F1 apparently..
Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 01.02.04.png

Installation in progress, will keep you updated. Apparently, USB 3.2 ports work fine though...

Apart from

1. Sleep/Wake
  2. USB
  3. Maybe Audio? Sound Settings not picking up the board's Audio though, is it only supposed to show when plugged in?

What else needs to be fixed? Intel LAN works. I think WLAN maybe.. I'm using the recommended BCM chip I think (That I bought years ago that works OOB)

Last edited:
Please try the attached config.plist.

Also, which procedure or method was used to create your USB install disk?

@Nicoras,

Let's try attached EFI folder.

Also:
  • What is the make/model of your NVMe SSD?
  • What is the make/model of the USB flash disk?
Really sorry about this Casey, mind adding more details as per what you have changed here? Going to prep it for my User Builds post eventually! Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back