Contribute
Register

Z690 Gigabyte Gaming X DDR4 - 64GB Kingston 3200 HyperX Fury - Intel i7-12700KF - Gigabyte RX6600XT

I also found that updating the BIOS to F8 completely solved the noise issue for me. Without changing these settings. And I tried to install the F20b BIOS, there were options for setting this noise, but the macOS with this BIOS does not boot.
Hello,
That's because on BIOS F20x (F20a, F20b & now plain F20), you must enable SetupVirtualMap in Opencore in order to be able to boot macOS.

Attachments

• 221105143939.jpg
    221105143939.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 237
Thank you!
Now we have a new section:
Yep, I know. Did you upgrade to BIOS F20 enabling SetupVirtualMap then?
...So you are using a Gaming X DDR5.

Did you upgrade to BIOS F20 enabling SetupVirtualMap then?
Yes. Thanks again.

Is it possible to do something with video card in idle?
The temperature is about 50 degrees, this gives start/stop coolers every couple of minutes.
In Windows, the idle temperature is only 34 degrees.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-11-05 в 17.51.46.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-11-05 в 17.51.46.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 64
Yes. Thanks again.
My pleasure

Is it possible to do something with video card in idle?
The temperature is about 50 degrees, this gives start/stop coolers every couple of minutes.
In Windows, the idle temperature is only 34 degrees.
Not sure you can do much about it, other than setting some fan curve under Windows (hoping it sticks after reboot under macOS) and/or changing card BIOS (it is possibile, for example, on some Sapphire cards via switch).

Maybe someone else has some suggestions?

I have this board with the i9-13900K, would this EFI work for the 13th gen? I am using an RX 6600 for graphics. I did upgrade the BIOS of the motherboard to F23b. I set all of the settings to like your post with the exception of Resize Bar support; it seems to have disappeared on the F23b BIOS update. I also have the DDR 5 version of the motherboard.

Last edited:
I tried to use F22 BIOS with SetupVirtualMap set as true. It hangs and restarts. Have you tried BIOS F22?

I was able to get mine running by switching SSDs. It did not like my Xpg gammix SSDs. It kept randomly restarting

This is seriously looking like my next build!

Can I ask what works / doesn't work, and what version of macOS are you using (Sorry if I missed it)?

Last edited:
I tried to use F22 BIOS with SetupVirtualMap set as true. It hangs and restarts. Have you tried BIOS F22?
No.. Currently on F21 not had a need to update to F22 yet.

Back