Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I wonder what SSDTTime put in there over a standard Dortania SSDT.
It uses your current CPU instead of some generic one.

I have all ports mapped properly and using the Fenvi T919 or onboard Intel AX211 yields the same result.
It seems to sleep fine the first time, then the second sleep it just won't sleep and essentially freezes

I have all ports mapped properly and using the Fenvi T919 or onboard Intel AX211 yields the same result.
It seems to sleep fine the first time, then the second sleep it just won't sleep and essentially freezes
Did you check the Aperture size in BIOS? It should be set to max size. I posted about that in this thread a while back.

Did you check the Aperture size in BIOS? It should be set to max size. I posted about that in this thread a while back.
I have a 14700KF so no aperture / iGPU settings are available

Hi @CaseySJ, I experienced a weird phenomenon: I did a clean install erasing my NVMe from Disk Utilities on the bootable USB and installing through Ventura. Once booted, I downloaded necessary utility apps. I open HackinDROM, mount my drive and... my old EFI is there??? With OC and all my kexts and edits... How did it not get erased when I did a clean install?

Hi @CaseySJ, I experienced a weird phenomenon: I did a clean install erasing my NVMe from Disk Utilities on the bootable USB and installing through Ventura. Once booted, I downloaded necessary utility apps. I open HackinDROM, mount my drive and... my old EFI is there??? With OC and all my kexts and edits... How did it not get erased when I did a clean install?
I think in Disk Utility you can keep the EFI partition intact if you erase the the APFS container ;) instead of the Drive. Both action will give you a drive with one volume

SCR-20240215-tmxm.png

I think in Disk Utility you can keep the EFI partition intact if you erase the the APFS container ;) instead of the Drive. Both action will give you a drive with one volume

View attachment 578583
Very interesting. Thank you! And FYI @CaseySJ (I tag you because over the last few months I've written about this weird quirk), thus far after the reinstall, my idle is not ramping up and my Blackmagic kexts started working again (no matter how many times I uninstalled and reinstalled, it would not work). Sad it took a fresh reinstall but the computer is also running slightly faster too!

EDIT: and nothing was changed with config settings or my EFI folder, so obviously there was not a problem there.

Casey, first of all thank you for the great job you are doing on these hackintoshes. Would you happen to know what can be the problem with Skype calls on my hackintosh? I saw the instruction on submitting problem reports and I will do a full submission if you say that more information is needed. I haven't included it here because it seems not necessary for my case.

I have built a hackintosh following your instructions and tools you provided. I'm very happy with the build as almost everything works perfectly except for one thing. I can't get the video on my counterpart during video calls in Skype app. Calling via Skype inside a browser works just fine. I have tried macOS Ventura on the same build, tried resetting CMOS, reinstalling Skype. Nothing works. Skype works just fine on two other hackintoshes and a macbook pro. I'm on macOS 14.3.1. CPU is i5-13500, GPU is RX 6800 XT, RAM is Team Group 32 GB. OC is version 0.9.8 updated via HackinDROM.

Back