Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

The Messages app on my system is still working (Ventura and Sonoma). I haven’t heard of “Beeper Mini”.
The company (started by Eric Migicovsky, the founder of Pebble) recently made headlines over enabling iMessage via app. In response, Apple has cut them off and started banning associated hardware via S/N. I have never touched Beeper Mini, but it's possible that Apple has gone through and audited something in their systems to do this.

This is actually correct. We want the warranty coverage check to fail, which means we’re not reusing someone else’s real-Mac serial number.
Thanks, I was confused because Apple has changed the language on that "Check Coverage" page over the years, and I saw different variations ("Unable to check coverage," etc).

What would you recommend, @CaseySJ (besides calling Apple, which I suppose is a last-resort option)? What are the ramifications if I change my S/N and other platform info (without reinstalling MacOS)?

Last edited:
The company (started by Eric Migicovsky, the founder of Pebble) recently made headlines over enabling iMessage via app. In response, Apple has cut them off and started banning associated hardware via S/N. I have never touched Beeper Mini, but it's possible that Apple has gone through and audited something in their systems to do this.

Thanks, I was confused because Apple has changed the language on that "Check Coverage" page over the years, and I saw different variations ("Unable to check coverage," etc).

What would you recommend, @CaseySJ (besides calling Apple, which I suppose is a last-resort option)? What are the ramifications if I change my S/N and other platform info (without reinstalling MacOS)?
you do not need to re install macOS

you need to remove the system from iCloud account and sign out on your mac

then generate new serial numbers etc and then sign in

you do not need to re install macOS

you need to remove the system from iCloud account and sign out on your mac

then generate new serial numbers etc and then sign in
Just tried without success: Removed device from Apple ID, signed out of iCloud, and then generated all new values for Platform ID (SN, MLB, UUID, etc). Signed back into iCloud and still have issues (although now, it's at least attempting to send via SMS). Any ideas?

How do I get my Geekbench multicore scores up to 25,000 as it used to be? What BIOS settings must be changed? I was getting better scores on with the i7-13700K than with the i9-13900K. I have tried every setting conceivable.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 4.07.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 4.07.00 PM.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I can also vouch for BIOS F28.

Side note: My iMessage remains completely dead on this hack, but that happened long after installing F28 :(

Update: iMessage has been fixed! I changed Platform Info once again, but this time, also took a chainsaw to the both Library and misc identity keys.

Last edited:
Does BIOS F28 still have sleep/wake issues like the versions between F25 and F26?

Side note: Opencore 0.9.8 just got released :)
I use this now and it works fine.

You are way ahead of me on CPUFriend!

I say this only as a matter of fact and not in any way as an indictment on your efforts, that I have not examined idle and load power consumption of my Hackintoshes. I incorporated CPUFriend into the EFI for systems that use product name MacPro 7,1 only because our Geekbench scores were coming up too low. Simply switching to iMacPro 1,1 recovered those scores -- as did the use of CPUFriend.
Hi @CaseySJ, I just wanted to share with you my success and discovery thus far working on the hack: for the last month, I've been running low wattage at idle and sleep has been pretty good (it wakes at times) but no more KP's on wake and such. Then today I was working with trying to get my Blackmagic Decklink kexts working (tough on real Apple's too) and saw a thread where after installing to run this in terminal:

sudo mv /Library/Application\ Support/Blackmagic\ Design/Blackmagic\ DeckLink/Signed\ Extensions/BlackmagicIO.kext /Library/Extensions
Guess what happened? Yup, the hack went back to hi wattage on idle, no sleep, KP, no ability to restart. So I knew it was a kext problem all a long. I simply did this:

and it's back to normal!

Hi @CaseySJ, I just wanted to share with you my success and discovery thus far working on the hack: for the last month, I've been running low wattage at idle and sleep has been pretty good (it wakes at times) but no more KP's on wake and such. Then today I was working with trying to get my Blackmagic Decklink kexts working (tough on real Apple's too) and saw a thread where after installing to run this in terminal:

Guess what happened? Yup, the hack went back to hi wattage on idle, no sleep, KP, no ability to restart. So I knew it was a kext problem all a long. I simply did this:

and it's back to normal!
Awesome! Rebuilding the kernel cache seems to have fixed the problem.

Back